Odd issue with DHK Hunter and BL Combo.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

biggman100

RCNT Racer
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I am having an issue with the BL setup in a DHK Hunter i picked up. The original BL motor melted one of the wires off it after i changed to a 15T pinion, and, since i got the truck used, i figured, maybe the motor had other issues anyway, so, i swapped to a BL GoolRC combo i picked up (yes, i know, its a GoolRC, but i have had really good luck with them in other vehicles). The combo is stated as a 60A ESC and 3800KV 3660 motor. The problem is, it kills a 2S Gen's Ace 5000MAH LIPO in less than 5 minutes, but, none of my other vehicles do that. It will start out fine, then, within 5 minutes, the battery alarm is going off, and it shows 7.8V, and the truck wont move. Nothing is binding, and the motor and ESC barely register over 100 degrees, so i dont get it, so, any ideas on what i might look for? I have that same combo in a Redcat Blackout XTE, and that will run 30 minutes before the battery dies.