odd dirty feul in tank after new

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyracer22b

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok i have a team losi xxxnt sport , and it runs fine at idle , but as soon as it hits mid rpm or so it chokes and just dies. i tried retuning the carb but it still did it at the factory settings! I then noticed that the fuel is dirty as hell, i know i just put new fuel in . so i emptied out the tank and put new fuel in and it did the same thing (dirty fuel). please help !!

Clean the air filter, replace the fuel lines and check if there's dirt in the tank.

Buy a new gallon of fuel if that fuel is old.

as that all you guys can think of cause we put new fuel line on and the filter is new

Next step to do is to buy a new gas tank. I wouldnt run it anymore unless you found the problem. Or you could really damage your engine because the fuel filter can't stop the really small things and over time it will cause extreme wear on the engine. Maybe i could help ypu more if we saw some pics or something. But if all come to worse go to you local hobby shop and see if they can figure out the problem.

Sounds to me like you need to lean the top end out a bit. Your getting to much fuel running through it which could be throwing wasted fuel through your pressure line on the way out of the muffler.

Do you have the tank that has the pressure line in the lid or on the top of the tank itself?

I think olds97 has made a great point. You can get oil and burnt fuel back in to your fuel tank from the pressure line from the pipe to the tank, especially if you are running a bit rich. If you have not replaced the tank with the one with the pressure line in the cap, as opposed to the top of the tank, you need to, it makes a night and day difference in the way it runs too.

I know on my 21 maxx, the fuel turns yellowish from the original purple color when it gets near empty. I think it's from the blow back in the pressure line. I like to run a little rich to help preserve the engine.

Back