Obituary of the late Mr Common Sense

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
Why the early bird gets the worm;
Life isn't always fair;
and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 -year- old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Tylenol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Wow how appropriate for the mess we are in.....

RIP Common Sense RIP

Where is a good old fashioned ressurection when you need one...?

Good One Smaxxin

So so true! It is sad to accept the fact that we have become a society of finger pointers.

Tom

Sad but true.

Modern technology aside, I would much rather be in the 1950's than the here and now.

Sad but true.

Modern technology aside, I would much rather be in the 1950's than the here and now.

But RC's would not have been invented yet!

I'd prefer to be in that time & age as well sometimes.
The problem may be that to many will do what is easiest:
***join the majority and do nothing***
Soaked in tears about Anna Nicole Smith, I'll continue watching my taped "who want's to be a superstar" show from the early 2000's...

I'm still trying to figure out when common sense became uncommon... I hear the phrase come out of my mouth while I'm at work, "It's common sense!"... then my mind realises the person in front of me has lost all sense, common and uncommon. Then a thought arises... "How do you make it here clothed and not on fire every day..."

I have a lot of Jack Handy thoughts...

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handy

May we have 10 seconds just to rember our friend.

while I'm at work, "It's common sense!"... then my mind realises the person in front of me has lost all sense, common and uncommon. Then a thought arises... "How do you make it here clothed and not on fire every day..."

I think I work with their relatives

I think I work with their relatives

Yeah, somehow a large group immigrated to the Cincinnati area!

It used to be a joke to tell someone, "Wow, you have an incredible grasp of the obvious."

Nowadays, I just hope they see the obvious, let alone understand it!

I wouldn't mind being in the '50's, but at an age I could drive. I'd love nothing more than to hot rod a '57 Chevy two-door Belaire then throw little miss blond Suzy-Q in, drive to the drive-in and make-out!

Dude I never forward emails. This one's going out to those who still remember him.

RIP common sense.

it's just the same over here in england. People can claim for anything and everything and normally win, and like already said a burglar can sue you for cutting himself on the glass when he smashed it to try and break into your house.

Yep, we have one of those cases over here. A jeweler who had been robbed at gun point 3 times before, is now facing charges of aggravated assault, because he shot two of the three would be robbers.

They stuck what turned out later to be a replica gun under his chin, threatening to shoot his pregnant niece who was working in his shop with him. In theory these three jokers could sue him for loss of income, since the danish law doesn't care if your income come from unlawful businesses.

This is just messed up in so many ways.