O boy its time for the Xbox 2 press release!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRIDGE

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
yup Microsoft will dominate the gaming industry once again this December! I'm so excited about this thing. there will be three versions and the one coming out next year will also be a computer (yes you run windows!!) a downside is that theres no HD but its smaller and more pretty to me. The press release is gonna be thurday night @ 9 or 930 i forgot. this thing is gonna be so crazy. and Microsoft is said to release Halo 3 on the same day that Sony ecides to drop its PS3!!! microsoft is goin to rule the world.. what do you guys think about it?

''Mr. Gates, when did you reaize you were creating a Monopoly?''

''Monopoly is just a game senator, I'm trying to control the fiddlesticking world.''

LOL, Microsoft is going to rule computer and video game world, Sony still owns home entertainment and stuff.

I'm sure microsoft will have somthing for the home entertainment area soon.

what about nintendo? thats what i play.. the ps2 dont have the best graphics.. or the games..lol thanks curtis

FRIDGE said:
yup Microsoft will dominate the gaming industry once again this December! I'm so excited about this thing. there will be three versions and the one coming out next year will also be a computer (yes you run windows!!) a downside is that theres no HD but its smaller and more pretty to me. The press release is gonna be thurday night @ 9 or 930 i forgot. this thing is gonna be so crazy. and Microsoft is said to release Halo 3 on the same day that Sony ecides to drop its PS3!!! microsoft is goin to rule the world.. what do you guys think about it?

When was this that microsoft dominated any gaming industry?? Did I miss something?? You relize that Ps2 have sold over twice as many systems as the Xbox right? And nintendo... well...yeah.. Bankruptsy is right around the corner, so that alone should say something. All I can say is if Xbox wants to continue to "Hang in there" they better do something with there lunchbox controllers, and there new version should be acceptable to Dvds right off the bat. IMO the only cool Xbox is a modded one. Ps2 OWNS handsdown. :2cents:

fighting games: PS2
First person and 3rd person shooters: Xbox
Tony hawk style games: PS2
driving games: PS2
star wars pod racer: SEGA Dreamcast baby
......and my favorite is still super metroid

never ps2 will always be the best. Your right the graphix are not as good but ps3 and xbox 2 are pretty much going to be the same just different companies. I have both and i must say that there is no game out there that can compete with the socom series and that means not even halo or halo 2.

4u2nv said:
When was this that microsoft dominated any gaming industry?? Did I miss something?? You relize that Ps2 have sold over twice as many systems as the Xbox right? And nintendo... well...yeah.. Bankruptsy is right around the corner, so that alone should say something. All I can say is if Xbox wants to continue to "Hang in there" they better do something with there lunchbox controllers, and there new version should be acceptable to Dvds right off the bat. IMO the only cool Xbox is a modded one. Ps2 OWNS handsdown. :2cents:
One of the reasons that ps2's have sold over twice as many is because it came out before xbox (remember) it was the first of the 3 (ps2, gamecube and xbox). Ps2 was out 2 months or so before xbox. Another reason why xboxes havent sold as many is because Microsoft for some reason doesn't want to sell enough. Believe it or not, i was looking constantly for 1 1/2 weeks to get an xbox here in portland after mine broke before i moved. I couldn't believe it. The day the xboxes came in everywhere, they were sold out in either the same day or the next day. I totally agree about the DVD thing... it sucks and i was gonna watch a movie and it said "you need the dvd remote" bullshit... that sucks. Plus its $30 at best buy, what a joke.

Heres a sneak peek of the Xbox 360

ps. WHEN will anyone learn to make ALL their consoles 4 player?!?!?! i mean come on, a ton of people want 4 player consoles. It makes it that much more fun, to play with 4 instead of 2. Get with the program Microsoft and Sony...

Last edited:
I don't think micronazi's will dominate, they haven't yet and they won't in the future. Part of their problem is ol' Billy Baroo wants the game makers to make games exclusively for x-box so he can't carry out his master plan to take over the world, however most of the game makers said "bite me." At what point of hanging from a hook in his locker with his tighty whitey's pulled up his ass did ol' Billy Bong come up with this plan.

buggy, the PS2 had I beleive years of sales before Xbox came......and the Xbox does do 4 players....and you can buy a stand that makes your PS2 4 player capable...yes they should just build it that way.....where did all that other stuff come from......Jammin I like the socom series but I have to say I like the controls on the Xbox more for those 3rd person shooters....I suck at socom but HALO felt natural from day 1....it's the only reason I got an Xbox last year...LOL...yeah I'm behind in the games cause I wait till they are 20 bucks in the used bin....I got Halo2 for christmas though...

Yeah, I knew Ps2 came out way before xbox i just didn't know when. I was talking about Xbox 360. I know Xbox has 4 players which is so awesome. Why would Microsoft go back to 2 controller slots? stupid. I just can't wait till 360 comes out so i can trade in my xbox + cash for it:D

See I thought Halo 2 was a HUUGE disapointment.. I'm not a serious gamer and plaed the 1st game once, and I finished halo 2 in like a week and a half.. I wasn't real satisfied with it either. Just figured for a $55 game, I better play it.. IMO I think that the Xbox games are really lame, there are a few cool ones, but ya can get them for the Ps2 also. And the Gamecube games all suck except for the acception of the Resident evils.. Gamecubes seem to be aimed more towards children..
What I do miss is the Sega Saturn.. That system kicked ass.. Daytona USA RULED!!!

Also you have to consider that once a system finally comes out, it will have only about a third of the concepts ya see on the net today. I read about the ps3 like a year and a half ago, and it was suppose to replace a entire home audio system. Like have a Amp, eq, subwoofer hookup, be internet ready with a hard drive and a whole bunch of other stuff, and then the estimated price was over a grand. Also does anyone else remember when Xobx was just about ready to come out when it was suppose to have dual drives witha Cd-r in it?? I dunno... PS will always Own in my book!

I beat Halo 2 in 2 days on Heroic... That was so easy I didn't even bother to try Legendary. The real talent shows in Xbox live. Some of the people on there are insane. Thats where you learn to get good, and addicted lol. I had to get rid of it cuz i was so fricken addicted to live. It was so much fun.

I had Gamecube, Ps2 AND Xbox, and I have to say that Xbox is my favorite. Now that they made the controllers like 100x better, its so much fun. And its 4 player. I think i would know pluses and minuses of each.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't have a preference since I own a Gamecube, Xbox (actually own 2) and a PS2. For me it depends the game. If its only available on a certain platform it doesn't matter. If a game comes out for all platforms, I'll take the one on the Xbox. I like the graphics better.

I think the big draw to Xbox is Xbox live and particularly HALO2. We had a small HALO party. Immediately after that, 4 of the people bought an Xbox, Halo2 and signed up for Xbox live.

When both systems comes out, I'll buy them both....

I got hooked after a halo party myself...just before Halo2 came out....I figured I better see what the hubub was about....I still haven't gotten the newest mortal combat yet but that game is my favorite....my friend and I just got ridiculous w/ that game when I busted my knee in class....he bought deadly alliance and came over 3 nights a week to play....we'll go 15 min rounds blocking each other.....I can't play anyone else in that game cause it's just no fun.....I kill em at will....I heard the newer one is online...is that true? I might have to go into seclusion for a month and whoop online asses all across the internet.....funny thing is there is a guy who uses wing chun style and it is horrible.....worst guy to use.....my buddy was in my classes too so we htought it would be cool to use him......and he's like th eworst guy......that's really the only game I get hooked on now....and the first 3 tony hawks I was pretty stoked on....the thug2 is a big letdown...I play it in classic mode and I never opened the last few boards....just got bored of it......anyone else play MK and THPS games or are these just not cool in the gaming world anymore?

I pretty much stick with the driving games. I just picked up Forza Motorsports for the xbox. Its their answer to the GT series for PS. I've never played GT, so i can't compare them, but i like Forza alot.

haven't got GT4 yet but that's one of my favorite series ever too....I heard you need the newer PS2 and a harddrive to run GT4.....is this true?

I myself am getting out of the gaming deal.Not interested as I only play with them when I have company. I like to play halo and halo2 with the guys in co op. Othere than that it is boring. I have so many games so I am going to sell the package soon. Sold the PSP too.

Hands down XboX is better you have to buy the LAN hookup and the 4 controller adapter for PS2 and you are out the money + some you could have gotten for the DVD remote on the XboX. That is why its better for college kids, all you have to do is hook it up to a Router and you are online and playin against 4 other people across the hall, LIVE is what makes the games fun, not playing against the computer