NTC3 low cg fuel tank mounting prob

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitrofan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sup guys, Well I busted out my NTC3 outta mothballs the other day and than remembered why I put it away. It had a nasty wreck. Well after some new hinge pins and an rpm bumper upgrade I found a low cg fuel tank i ordered from tower a hella long time ago. Problem I am having is the tank seems to be too big for the setup. Do any of you older members have this setup at all. I remember seeing folks on here talking about it and me wanting to install it and I ordered it and shelved it. I can run the stocker for now. It seems like the tank is longer by where I would either need a smaller engine or slide the engine back for it to work. Thx

yeah, that fuel tank is longer than the stock one. It can only be used when you are using a non-pullstart engine, because the pullstart is in the way of the tank.

Yeah this is what I finally concluded. Oh well it was a heck of a long time ago when I bought the part. I'm not that into the car to go out and get a non pull start engine or a starter box. Thx for your help.