Normal Day with the slash and rustler until..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Rustler: My dad isn't allowed to drive RC Cars again. We were on the street in our court. He ran into the curb. Broke the right steering/toe link in half. Just ordered new steering links. Also new camber links because I don't like the plastic ones traxxas put on. Adjustable camber links like my slash has.

Slash: I don't know why but the right steering link keeps coming off of the bellcrank/rack. This happened to me 4 times. Maybe it can be the screw that goes into the bellcrank. I still have the stock bellcrank so I am planning to get an aluminum bellcrank. Next with the slash is bigger tires and ProLine body mounts.

Here is the parts I ordered:
Traxxas 3741A Blue-Anodized Aluminum Turnbuckles and Camber Links, Front 39mm (2), rear 49mm (2)
Traxxas 3139A Blue-Anodized Aluminum Turnbuckles 59mm (pair)

Also watched this video where he found traxxas bigfoot tires for about $30 and he is trying to do a monster slash on a budget so I might go with the Bigfoot tires.
Cheap Monster Slash Build, How to Monster Traxxas Slash XL5 2wd Upgrade on a Budget. Traxxas Bigfoot tires he used

Also for the slash bellcrank: I had looked on amazon and the traxxas bellcrank is about $30. I want to find something cheaper. Post links below.

PXL_20210829_214747040.jpg
PXL_20210829_214756522.jpg
PXL_20210829_214810258.jpg

Dam traxxas and all the plastic...🤣🤣 that's one part I upgrade to aluminum.. or like wicked said just flip it.. use a smaller screw and a nut.. won't ever fall out again again bud. Is that steering post connector supposed to be just flat like that and not like a little cup.. that the rod end ball goes into??. The ones on mine are like a C cup🤔🤔And let your dad know that curbs will win ever time🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Dam traxxas and all the plastic...🤣🤣 that's one part I upgrade to aluminum.. or like wicked said just flip it.. use a smaller screw and a nut.. won't ever fall out again again bud. Is that steering post connector supposed to be just flat like that and not like a little cup.. that the rod end ball goes into??. The ones on mine are like a C cup🤔🤔And let your dad know that curbs will win ever time🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣
I will tell him that. For the bell crank I will replace it to aluminum anyways cause it is the stock plastic and I had the car for 5 years now and all of the metal parts down there is rusted.
I will tell him that. For the bell crank I will replace it to aluminum anyways cause it is the stock plastic and I had the car for 5 years now and all of the metal parts down there is rusted.
I replaced the bearings in the bell crank about a year ago so when I get a new bell crank I will keep the bearings.

I don't know which one I like more.. part shopping and wrenching..or driven and bashing... well I know I love part browsing the most. I do that almost every day...😉🤣🤣🤣

Oh yeah 5yrs.. wow I'm impressed they lasted that long bud..they are just worn out at this point. Better off replacing as you said bud👍👍
The bearing are definitely fine.. I would suggest that you clean them up..And re oil them before you put them in the new bell crank...👍👍