Noob question, glueing tires, what glue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatzUk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
As the subject line says.

Done a quick search didn't find answer.....

What glue is recommended for glueing the tires onto the rim ?

Thanks in advance

Jon

You can do a quick search for CA hobby glue and find tons of stuff, but the vets might have some more specific reccomendations. I get some stuff from my LHS called insta-cure and it works good but it's probably not the best. Works great for me, although I wouldn't mind having something thicker than the "ultra-thin" that I have, because I get the stuff everywhere. On the tires, my workbench, my hands, in my pants...

Last edited:
I use just plain ol' Cyano Acrylate. I use the thin stuff, which allows it to wick around the bead easily. Make sure your bead is clean and scuffed slightly (use a fine grit sandpaper), and rubber-band the tires to maintain pressure.

i dont know if i did it right my first time, but it said CA glue so i went to my local win dixie (shows what i noob i was) and got Locktite super glue. it was CA glue and it was "gel" actually worked very good and dried super slow. about 45min to even start showing signs of hardening. was great for me since i was a beginner and it was really thick and applied it with a nylon bristle paint brush i got in the dollar store. and they are still on there very good till this day =]

I used Great Planes thin medium strength CA on mine.

I use Dynamite QuickStick Professional CA Tire Glue. Thin, flows beautifully. I haven't made a mess with it yet.
Scuff the chrome, clean the rim edge and tire bead with alcohol, mount the tire in place, then peel back the tire in one small spot and let the glue run in as you work the peeling gently around the rim adding another drop when there's nothing more to flow. When it's gone all the way around, put that tire away and do another one. Do NOT do both sides at once. That's where things can get messy. Let it sit with the glued side up till it cures, then do the tires in the same order on the other side.

wow thanks rolex. i knew doing two sides was a bad idea but i did it anyways, i think i just got lucky lol.

or you can just get beadlock rims. "no glue, no mess" lol

no glue no mess, but you still have to screw in 80 wheels screws. It's a lil more work then you first think it will be.

just use old fashioned super glue...

but if you arent wanting to spend a billion dollars on super glue go to your hobby shop and use zap-a-gap, i swear that is the best, cheap glue you can buy and it is great and strong...

but personaly if you have a monster truck that you are not racing, then use beadlocks because they reguire no glue and stay no matter what the force.

Thanks for all your replies, i got some ca tyre glue to do the job :)