non tuning tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicide

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my t maxx will not tune it has less than a gal through it. here are the symptoms: i lean it to performance then it will not richen up

nope then if i try to restart i have to lean it way out and i just repeat the process

Sounds like you are leaning out due to an air leak. Something like this makes me think you might have an air leak in the fuel pickup line in the tank.

Try this: Fill the tank and start her up normally. She should be a little rich. Run her for a minute then drain the tank till you only have about 1/4 tank of fuel. Restart her and if it's running real lean that is most likely your problem.

If this isn't the issue get back with us. SOMETHING is leaning you out. You try to richen to compensate then when you go to restart you are too rich. Make sense?

the F&&king bitch wouldn't start I'm about to throw this F*cking thing trough the wall and go buy a picco .26

If you cooling head isnt on tight or your pipe or your carb..its not gonna tune.
also check your fuel lines..
this might be non-useful information but I figured I would let you know.

my 2.5 wouldn't tune and it wasn't sealing right around the carb..I tightened it down and it tuned right up.

i know its not that cause it ran yesterday. I'm gonna let the tech at my lhs tune/diagnose the problem. if its a major problem I'm just gonna buy a 3.3

oh. yeah..good idea.
I hate a 2.5..
I just blew one up.
they suck for tuning and staying tuned.

i found out why it would not tune. i had blown the piston/sleeze. i went right ahead and bought a 3.3

Back