Non-RC Projects

• Thread starter Penguin Fart Racing
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin Fart Racing

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
Other than RC project builds, repairs, and mods would like to hear what people do with their time. Being retired, I have more TIME than money or common sense. Some of the stuff I putter with include building black powder muskets, Short Wave Listening ( Segway back to actual HAM RADIO ), skydiving, teaching myself stick welding for sculpture fabrication, metal detecting, magnet fishing, Iaido, and writing Music. Will post PROJECT PIX as things are finished Anyone out there doing unique, fun and interesting non-RC things ?

Thank you for your reply :). I would like to hear about your MAGNET. Mine is the single-sided. 800# one from BRUTEMAGNETICS.COM. The only thing of substance I have fished up from our local duck pond is an old RC model boat . PIX one of these days

I'm afraid to toss magnets here. Between the 98 tornadoes and people missing, and all the crime. I found brass on the curb some years ago. 🤣

Thanks for the reply

Where do you sink them ? FYI, I know where there is a 40' sailboat free for the taking. She had engine and bilge pump fail in a nasty storm. Water was/is COLD so She is still in good shape; but ~100' "down"😁. Here is a KAYAK. Am interested to know if you have ever heard of this brand https://tippecanoeboats.com/k-15-5-kayak. I have one of their RC T37 Class AMYA RACING BOATS. Absolutely Beautiful Kit. Wish my fabricating skills were better so I can start building it soon .

No no, I'm not into salvage, I rolled my kayak a couple weeks ago, I was being sarcastic. ;)
I'm into fishing kayaks and sit on top.

I keep fish
IMG_4568-M.jpg

Thank you for your reply :). I would like to hear about your MAGNET. Mine is the single-sided. 800# one from BRUTEMAGNETICS.COM. The only thing of substance I have fished up from our local duck pond is an old RC model boat . PIX one of these days
Competition subwoofer motor

I'm afraid to toss magnets here. Between the 98 tornadoes and people missing, and all the crime. I found brass on the curb some years ago. 🤣
I live in tornado alley, I stockpile strong subwoofer motors in center of our property in a wood shed.

"Sumbitchin Nader seent er coming right for my bedroom, them thar maganets made it spin the other way away, uh huh, yonder way."

Live action channel 5 reporting, first hand eye witness account..."

Thank you for your riposte. Just curious if you play any musical instruments.

Cowbell, which is always in need of more.
Back when I was teaching sciences and computer basics at DULL KNIFE MEMORIAL COLLEGE in Lame Deer, MT I got a COWBELL from a thrift shoppe in Billings. Trouble was that it needed an ASTM TUNER and all I had was a METRIC one :) Great school; some of the most rewarding teaching I ever did.
I like to mountain bike, fish, and play with model trains...
TRAINS ! What Gauge do you model in? Your lay-out looks impressive; tell me a bit about it. Almost forty years ago in grad school I started building a a Z-Gauge layout into a glass-topped coffee table. Never finished it though :-( Thrift stores for me again lately. I picked up a BACHMANN steam engine and some rolling stock in N-Gauge. Still musing about a layout; am thinking about a fictional pair of 1920's very small mid-Iowa farming towns; one with a rail-yard and a Doodlebug Interurban running between the two. Joke- How 'bout T-Gauge LIVE STEAM 🙂
I keep fish
IMG_4568-M.jpg
Fresh or Salt ? I am impressed by your Aquaria. Tell me a bit about your Tanks.

Last edited: