noisy gears

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durwank

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I have a wierd sort of problem. I just put a new 18 tooth pinion gear on my CR-01 and no matter how I set the gear mesh it is really noisy. Now, I've been setting gear mesh for a long time so I feel like I know how to do it right but I just can't figure this out. Any ideas?

One thing that comes to mind is that it could be a different gear pitch, I was looking on a site the other day and it showed a metric 48 pitch pinion and a 48 pitch, not sure what the difference is but it could be that, is the new gear a different breand then the old one, if so that could be it too... just a couple of ideas that come to mind...

Humm, ..... The gear I got is a Robinson Racing gear that just says 48 pitch on the package. Those a-holes at Tamiya are almost impossible to get ahold of and I'm still trying. As soon as I do I'll ask them WTF ! I've heard that Tamiya sometimes uses odd-ball stuff.

Last edited:
16 tooth would be REALLY low geared but it does say that it's metric. I don't know why some guys have to use this odd-ball s@$t anyways! It sure does make it hard to replace the parts for it. Thanks for the help. Hopefully, those guys at Tamiya will pick up the phone today.

is the grub hitting the spur? I've had that happen a bunch.

lol good thing you found out what it was man. pick up a few of them so you have some for spares if needed....

Good idea.

So I guess I was right after all, I thought tamiya used a different gear pitch, glad to here you will be back up and running...

Back