No steering - New Arrma Notorious 6s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, not new to the hobby but I am new to brushless / electric rigs. I Bought a new Arrma Notorious 6s three weeks ago. Used is 3 times (hour run time) total in the 3 week span. Went to go use it today and had no steering what so ever..... When Turning the steering wheel on controller I get no movement or noise at all at the wheels.

Pulled the cover off the receiver and checked connections, all good. I DID however swap the throttle and steering to test if servo was bad. Throttle fine but still no steering. I'm leaning toward the idea that the steering servo is shot already? Or am I missing something? How could servo be gone after 3 uses?

Hey guys, not new to the hobby but I am new to brushless / electric rigs. I Bought a new Arrma Notorious 6s three weeks ago. Used is 3 times (hour run time) total in the 3 week span. Went to go use it today and had no steering what so ever..... When Turning the steering wheel on controller I get no movement or noise at all at the wheels.

Pulled the cover off the receiver and checked connections, all good. I DID however swap the throttle and steering to test if servo was bad. Throttle fine but still no steering. I'm leaning toward the idea that the steering servo is shot already? Or am I missing something? How could servo be gone after 3 uses?
I'd try to manually turn the front tires left and right and if that seems fine I'd look at the servo. Don't know what transmitter you're using or if you might have accidentally shut that servo down. My cheap transmitters don't have that option but maybe a computer radio does. Good luck.

It is more than likely the servo went. Its actually, at least in my experience with Arrma (2 Granite BLX, 3 Senton BLX, and even my original Arrma Fury), that they tend to put too light of a servo in their RTR's. After warranty replacement twice of the one in my first Senton in less than 3 months, and the one in my second Granite going out the first run, i just stopped getting them replaced and just bought some cheapish metal geared ones from Ebay.

I'd try to manually turn the front tires left and right and if that seems fine I'd look at the servo. Don't know what transmitter you're using or if you might have accidentally shut that servo down. My cheap transmitters don't have that option but maybe a computer radio does. Good luck.

My Notorious is the latest V5 model. So I'm running the new Spektrum SLT3 radio with SR315 receiver. And the steering servo is a digital spektrum Spms652 with I believe metal gear aswell...

I thought mabye the radio possibly lost connection so tried to bind it again but parently looking in manual there is no bind option or even a bind button on the radio.

One thing I should mention.... On my last run the rig got really dirty as I was running it through wet muddy grass. Once batteries got low I pulled them out and grabbed the garden hose and ran some water over the suspension and wheel to wash it off. I stayed away from the electronics. Blew it off and put it away. Is there a chance water got in somewhere and shorted out the servo?

My Notorious is the latest V5 model. So I'm running the new Spektrum SLT3 radio with SR315 receiver. And the steering servo is a digital spektrum Spms652 with I believe metal gear aswell...

I thought mabye the radio possibly lost connection so tried to bind it again but parently looking in manual there is no bind option or even a bind button on the radio.

One thing I should mention.... On my last run the rig got really dirty as I was running it through wet muddy grass. Once batteries got low I pulled them out and grabbed the garden hose and ran some water over the suspension and wheel to wash it off. I stayed away from the electronics. Blew it off and put it away. Is there a chance water got in somewhere and shorted out the servo?
I'm not sure that that servo is waterproof so it is possible water got inside the servo. I find most rtr servos are not that great to be honest, none of my rigs run rtr servos anymore because of this. I have been replacing everything with these the aluminum servo horn is useless though https://www.amazon.com/XtremeAmazing-Replacement-DS3225MG-kilograms-Waterproof/dp/B07VRZX64J

if servo will not move on th then more than likely its your servo... If you can id buy a servo tester..I have a few now 1 I bought some years ago and 1 on my new battery charger ..
do you have a spare to see if its your servo?

Hyper 7 are the best buggies I think

Attachments

• CEB08440-F782-4A58-82A9-F38180A03A21.jpeg
    CEB08440-F782-4A58-82A9-F38180A03A21.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 9364D8AE-44D0-446D-BDD6-3535B94C6665.jpeg
    9364D8AE-44D0-446D-BDD6-3535B94C6665.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 122
THANKS SLICK. but unlikely "it" can understand your post.

I found out the hard way, use water sparingly and then spray immediately with WD40 (water displacement spray) to get rid of the moisture or else all your hdwe will start to rust. Then spray with what ever lubricant these R/C guys recommend.

Called up hobby horizon. They were sending a replacement!