no low end needle adjustment HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy100

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

New to this forum so i dont know anyone yet. I have been given a 1/8 scale nitro buggy. Its made by Protech and it is a Phaser 4. The engine in it looks like it has only been used a couple of times but could still be quite an old engine. I can't see a low end needle on the carb slide at all. There is a high end needle and what i would assume is a mid range needle. Is this common of older nitro engines? Can you use the mid range needle to adjust low-mid end settings?

Any info is greatly appreciated. will post pics when i can.

Andy

Unless the engine is really old, it is unlikely that it has a mid range adjustment. There should be the high end adjustment, the idle and the low end.

I would suggest adjusting it but remember how many turns you change it by, and if you seem to be doing more harm than good reset it back to where it was.

Thanks for the reply! It definitely has the high end, the slide on the carb has no screw in it just a blank plate. There is then a larger brass screw under the high end needle where the fuel inlet is. I'm guessing this is the low-mid end. I seem to have got it running pretty sweet just using small 1/8 turns on both these screws....just need to get me a temp gun now to check I'm not running too hot :) got smoke so i should be good

Some engines only have a general fuel mixture needle and a idle adjustment needle. They are far less common than the std. LSN, HSN idle screw equipped engines.

They are cheap to manufacture, but are hard to adjust.

Back