no idea whats wrong

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deckerz

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok i think my engines dead or seriously messed up. it started smoking a little like it should (i think) and then my batterys went dead so i got some rechargeables and now it wont do anything, i drained the engine because it leaked big time when i took the pull start off, but on the day when it almost started it was spitting fuel out of the button head or whatever and out the top of the pullstart. I'm new to nitros so.......do i need a new engine or new parts?
one more thing it says on site to turn the screw on the carberetor a 8th of a turn or a 16th of a turn but i dont know, is it ment to be in line with the rest of it?

Has it ever started? Is it new? The 1/8 or 1/16 turn is a reference to how much you should adjust it at a time when tuning for performance.

What is the vehicle? What brand/model is the engine? What were the batteries for? The heater or do you have an electric starter?

its not new i got it second hand but it has started once before with me.
The original thunder tiger TS4N is the car and its a thunder tiger pro 12 engine.
it had panasonics in but now it has uniross 2100mah batteries. the starter is a plug sort of thing.

Sounds like you flooded it. Pull the plug and turn the engine over until all the excess fuel blows out. Check your glow plug to make sure it is glowing nice and bright orange. If not, replace it.