No afterrun oil?Can i use other things?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why dont you just bite the bullet, and buy After-Run Oil??

As long as you burn all the fuel out of the engine there is really no need for it. Well, you do need to store them inside too. Storing the car outside where humidity can get to the engine and the electronics is a big no-no anyways.
WD-40 does not cause a OWB to slip, it cleans them causing them to grab again.
Any oil designed for engines will work in place of ARO.
ARO does have some downsides, it does eat O-rings. That is why they recommend you put it in the GP hole and not in the carb.
Only time i bother with ARO is if it is going to be more than two weeks between runs.

afterfun oil

the guys in this area use transmision oil, it fits rust, it's not sticky and cleans out well

sorry, i should have said "it fights rust"

Yea, i would have said somthing about that one, but it'd probably get me banned again.

Uh..
No i dont believe so..
I acutally think you can use alittle nitro fuel though, NOT sure, .

To clean it ! ;):p:

3-in-1 Oil or any light machine oil can be used in place of after-run oil.

WD-40 isn't the best choice because it is bound to make it's way to the one-way bearing and cause it to slip.

Dude. Issues... :\

WHAT ? :shrug::whhooo: WD-40 works just fine.....that's funny because when my OWB won't turn over when I try to start the engine, I squirt some WD-40 down the top of the engine(where the glow plug goes) by the piston and then it turns over no problem ! ;):D:p:

as long as you burn all the fuel out of the engine there is really no need for it. Well, you do need to store them inside too. Storing the car outside where humidity can get to the engine and the electronics is a big no-no anyways.
Wd-40 does not cause a owb to slip, it cleans them causing them to grab again.
Any oil designed for engines will work in place of aro.
Aro does have some downsides, it does eat o-rings. That is why they recommend you put it in the gp hole and not in the carb.
Only time i bother with aro is if it is going to be more than two weeks between runs.

THANK YOU ! :D;)

Last edited:
Back