Nitro TC3 and 3 speed tranny

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisfjr83

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has any one every heard of putting a 3 speed tranny on one? If so could you give me instructions on how it is done? And also provide and pics of this. Thanks alot

I have owned and ran many NTC3's over the past 3-4 years and I have never heard of or seen a 3 speed for it.With the right engine and gearing you will never need a 3 speed.

Mark

There is no 3 speed for the NTC3. I raced one pretty heavily and as markallen stated, with proper gearing and engine/pipe, you will see no need for a 3 speed. Also, with the powerplant and tranny in the current configuration, there is little room for a third gear. If the engine was mounted sideways (as with belt driven cars) it's easier to configure for a third gear.

So what kind of gearing and pipe would you suggest useing with an O.S. 18 on there and you are shotting for top speed? I am curttenly running the stock pipe with the stock 2 speed gearing on there with like I said the O.S. 18 engine what would you suggest doing differently to get this to go over 48 m.p.h.???

Last edited:
A box stock NTC3 will do 47 MPH with the weak AE15..I ran a OS 18 TZ with a OFNA centax clutch with 23/29 pinions and 54/48 spurs.Which OS 18 you running?I was running a OS 18 CVR with 21/27 pinions and 54/48 spurs with a stock pipe and was really fast...