nitro stampede tranny problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayce

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I need some help please..Ok this is my prob,i got a 2.5 stampede and i dont know if i have a problem with the tranny.i start it up and when i give it some throttle it barely move.I checked spurgear and its tight .Then i placed the truck on the ground and I'm able to roll truck while holding the spurgear.i took the tranny out opened it up and all is fine from what i can see.i then closed it up and here is where I'm confused.I am able to hold the spurgear and though i can't sping both yoke manually by hand while holding the spurgear i am able to spin one yoke while the other side doesn't spin.Is this normall and if not what could be the answer to my prob?Guys plese help this is my first nitro stampede so i dont know much about them.Thanks in advance...

Check your slipper clutch and tighten it up alittle. Everything else sounds ok. It's the nut on the spur.

Last edited:
I am having a similar problem. Same exact setup. my rear wheels will be locked up so i loosen up the slipper so i can get it to actuall roll on the ground then when i start it up and press the throttle the spur gear just spins like it is too loose. So I tighten up the clutch and it revs out super quick and then the wheels will loc up agian. any idea?

Back