nitro stampede help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jun-Jun

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, I Am New To The Nitro World And Just Bought A Nitro Stampede I Researched tunning And I Think It's Tuned Right It Runs Good Doesn't Stall Or Anything But The Guy At The Hobby Shop Said That Once It's Tuned It Would Do All Types Of Wheelies And Go Over 30 Mph Well It's Deff NotDoing Any Wheelies And I Don't Think It's Topping Out Over 30 Mph Is There Something I Did wrong? Any HelpWould Be Great Thank you

if you want easy wheelies stiffen up the rear suspension with some preload spacers and lock the slipper clutch down tight if that dont work i'd look at your tune possibly adjust you lsn till you get the desired effect

A well tuned nitro pede should wheelie with ease! The thing I would check is the slipper clutch if it's set too loose it will rob a lot of power.

A well tuned nitro pede should wheelie with ease! The thing I would check is the slipper clutch if it's set too loose it will rob a lot of power.

Yeah, I'm not so sure. When I had mine it wouldn't exactly wheelie that much. Mine wasn't completely tuned right either, it was on the rich side. I would imagine stiffening up the suspension would help, like what chickenman said, but I think the biggest downfall of the pede (nitro and electric) is the tires. They don't seem to grab well. The electric does a little better wheelie wise ( titan 550, 5000mah nimh) but I think that's because of the characteristics of an electric motor vs an internal combustion engine. I kinda like to describe my pede, when it had the .15 pro in it as it being an on/off switch as far as giving it throttle, I couldn't quite give it just enough throttle to grab and then gun it to pop a wheelie, it would just spin out no matter what.

Has anyone tried getting a 3 or 4 shoe clutch for the .15 pro? Maybe that would help?

The only way I could really get it to pop a wheelie was if I was going pretty quick, tap the breaks, spin it 180° and give it to her.

One of my buddies has a pede with the pro .15 and it wheelies no problem he had to put weights in the front of it just to be able to steer it

Sounds like just a bad tune to me. I have a nitro pede and its a wheelie machine, I can't keep the front end down and can't steer. I also had to put quite a bit of weight and it still tries to lift. It also is a speedy little truck so 30 should be easy to hit.

What are your needles at right now?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 1:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:52 AM ----------

Also which engine do you have?

This may sound kind of stupid, but did you break-in the engine fully?

I was gonna ask that lol man I hope so!

Back