Nitro Sport to Rustler Basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1tanker

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am still going to upgrade some parts but this is currently what I am working with.
2012-10-02_12-06-02_195_zps152453c2.jpg

2012-10-02_12-05-53_514_zpsf4b5cfcf.jpg

2012-10-02_12-05-44_783_zpsf0f8177d.jpg

2012-10-02_12-05-36_988_zpscbd1cc90.jpg

Currently Has upgraded rear buckles. TRX 3.3 66t Spur 24tCB Instead of of the 75cc fuel tank I have the Tmaxx 125cc fuel tank. Also Locked the Differential with the clay trick. This car really zips now. Its a fun little basher and experimental car

I believe your servo saver is upside down....if you flip it right side up the connecting rod will have a more level angle to it than what it does now.

lol thanksI noticed that after i took these!

Get a high flow air filter from a Revo or T-Maxx and the exhaust from a Jato, both of those will wake the 3.3 up, if you really want to let it breath ERCM has his small block pipe. Go the RPM route for the arms and bumper, or grab the T-Bone bumpers. My Rustler is my favorite all out basher, it can take some serious abuse. I'm about to get the BB shocks, and then I'll look into upgrading to the Ten-T shocks. I'm running the RPM shock towers right now and am having a problem with bending my rear shock shafts If I still have this problem after the big bores, I'm going to try an aluminum shock tower, some say the RPM towers flex too much and that's what bends the shafts. I also recommend the rear HD drive shafts from the Slash 4x4, I was going through drive shafts once a week before I swapped over.

Very nice! Was that T-Maxx tank a straight drop in or did you have to mod the chassis?

Pretty sweet, man. I really dig that you dropped that t-maxx tank in there. I have a Rustler I'm working on myself, still waiting on parts though, should be here tomorrow. I'll get some pics up

Sweet I'm about to try to build a custom chassis for mine I can't keep the grin wheels On the ground with my 3.3 in

Here are the Ten-T shocks, front & rear. If you catch the auctions right, they're cheaper than the BB.

Riz i just drilled a 3 quick holes and screwed the tank in.

Back