Nitro sct other than traxxas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I can’t find one other than traxxas. Losi discontinued there’s and so did team associated. Anyone other than traxxas make a nitro sct truck? I’m really not a traxxas fan. I’d much rather losi. I don’t want a buggy though.

edit: alright there’s nothing I’m forced to go with traxxas if I want a sct nitro. So I’m going with the 2wd slash, the slayer is overpriced in my opinion and my last traxxas slash with a 2 speed transmission had so many problems with it constantly breaking that I refuse to go with a traxxas with a 2 speed. I just bash(I’m not hard on my rc I just have fun driving around on asphalt) so I wanted a good handling rc something traxxas slash 2wd nitro is not known for. Guess I’ll be able to have fun doing donuts though so that’s a plus. I was also a dumb kid back then so that could be why my old one kept breaking though.

Last edited:
Might go with a Hpi savage. Still would much rather a sct but I don’t want traxxas. Not even hpi has anything other than the savage that I’d want. Their rs4 nitro no longer exists either. Nitro seems like it’s dead.

My understanding is that in most places SCT racing has lost a lot of popularity and even when it was popular nitro SCT racing I dont think ever really was. Someone may correct me here but thats my understanding and if thats true thats why you dont really see much in the way of nitro SCTs.

Maybe try to convert a nitro stadium truck? Might require wheelbase work as in extending it a few inches.

Maybe try to convert a nitro stadium truck? Might require wheelbase work as in extending it a few inches.
Eh imma go with traxxas slash 2wd nitro. A single speed transmission and 2wd will be easier to work on and maintain anyways. And with some wider stadium truck tires it should handle pretty well. Who knows maybe I’ll end up actually liking the easy start system. If not I’m sure I can find a way to rid of it.

Eh imma go with traxxas slash 2wd nitro. A single speed transmission and 2wd will be easier to work on and maintain anyways. And with some wider stadium truck tires it should handle pretty well. Who knows maybe I’ll end up actually liking the easy start system. If not I’m sure I can find a way to rid of it.

I'm converting my nitro sport to slash. Abandoned it a few years ago, so its slow going.

As for the easy start, I ditch mine. Too many head aches. Due to work, I pull start equipment 20 times a day.

With that being said, on my nitros, I prime the fuel line, tdc the piston, ignute, then pull.

Be sure to get an additional owb for the starter.

They do have a slayer. Its basocally a revo woth sc parts swap. Its 4wd and I think 2 speed if that is what you want.

I never had any luck with those ez start systems either, They typically never lasted very long for me before something on it broke. Plus its just a lot of extra weight on the kit that really isnt needed anyway imho.

You might take a look around Here , I can't add much on the quality but some of them look interesting...

converted 8th buggies for 4wd beater, stretched rc10gt gt2 for racing