Nitro rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burt806

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a nitro rustler with an electric start system. The starter motor will not spin and I cannot figure out why. Is this a part that needs to be replaced or is it a connection problem? everything else is working just fine and the car was running fine until a glow plug burned out and know I cannot get it to do anything you can hear the electricity hit the motor but the motor will not turn at all to crank the nitro motor. I am lost and can't figure it out! Can anyone help?

Not sure what you mean when you say you can hear the electricity hit the motor.
My guess, so far, is that the electric motor is spinning but the OWB (One Way Bearing) on the shaft is not. If that's the case, you'll need to remove the back plate and take off the OWB for a good cleaning in alcohol. Also clean the shaft with the alcohol at the same time. Make sure you put the OWB back the same way it came off. It only spins one way.

You might try removing the EZ-Start motor from the mount to the Nitro-engine and see if it spins freely. You might also want to disconnect the blue wire from the glow plug for the same reason (to see if there is enough current). Also check that the EZ-Start battery in the wand is fully charged.

You need to take it apart and find out where the drive to the engine is ending.

Back