Nitro Rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys I'm looking to widen my rustler and make it low as possible to race on a pavement track. I know its probably not the greatest vehicle for that but do u know any ways i can do that? I hear that Jato a arms will fit it and they are wider, is there any truth to that? Thanks

I have heard that the Jato arms will work

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

---------- Post added at 9:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:07 PM ----------

Ask Greywolf what arms he uses on his high speed rustler.
Here is a picture of the jato arms on a rustler
8ezu5e6a.jpg

ya man that looks sick!!! Thats exactly what I'm lookin for. Just wonder if i need longer driveshafts and turnbuckles? Any idea or ask Geywolf?

ya man that looks sick!!! Thats exactly what I'm lookin for. Just wonder if i need longer driveshafts and turnbuckles? Any idea or ask Geywolf?

I would assume so.

I was using Jang's Wide mod for awhile before going back to regular arms again for another series of tests. Using this mod it will allow you to lower the front quite a bit by using the outter shock mount holes. In the rear I just drilled out some shock mount holes further out on the arms and then tapped them. You can get it pretty much as low as you want that way. Mines Electric not nitro but I've owned the Nitro before too and its the same concept. Same mod will work.

335285_425903184123501_2117309188_o.jpg

332527_425903394123480_1762591786_o.jpg

Last edited:
You can run Jato stub axles in front or at least I think thats what they are called, I had them on my old rustler, local hobby shop owner installed them, before i purchased from him.

thanks alot guys. Now will that make the front alot wider than the back?And how much wider did it make it Jato stub axles?

I was using Jang's Wide mod for awhile before going back to regular arms again for another series of tests. Using this mod it will allow you to lower the front quite a bit by using the outter shock mount holes. In the rear I just drilled out some shock mount holes further out on the arms and then tapped them. You can get it pretty much as low as you want that way. Mines Electric not nitro but I've owned the Nitro before too and its the same concept. Same mod will work.

335285_425903184123501_2117309188_o.jpg

332527_425903394123480_1762591786_o.jpg
Did you do the jato rear a arms and if so how did you get the right drive shafts. I tried the jato shafts with M rustler end on trans side but seems a little short

I was running regular length RPM Rusty arms in the rear but I was running RPM Stampede a-arms in the front which gave the Rusty the same stance in the front as it had in the back. You just had to use some nuts as spacers to make it work. I had to end up using MIP steel dogbones on the rear of the kit for the drive shafts though. I kept breaking the plastic ones.

Back