Nitro rc truck won't start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michsmit

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just got a nitro s30 volcano truck and I cannot start it. When i remove the fuel line from the exhaust and blow in to the line the fuel is not moving to the carb. The fuel will make it to the carb if i remove the fuel line going to the carb, but once it reaches the carb it stops. If I pour fuel into the carb it will start for 2-3 seconds long enough to burn the fuel that was in the carb. Any idea what may cause this issue? Thanks

Junk send it to the landfill
I bought it for stepson as a beginner truck and it is junk

If you can get it to start it runs real good but they never start.
His the spring in pullstart breaks everytime. Compression bemds the glow plug wire.
part it out on ebay .

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Hold your finger over muffler tip untill fuel reaches carb then remive finger.
do this while pulling start rope.

i know people who have them and they work great they never had this prob. tried plugging the muffer but the carb is plugged for some reason..

Is it new or used? The carb could be blocked, I've also seen a few where the HSN is so lean it won't allow fuel in. Have you messed with the needles?

does anybody no if one of the 3 screws are no set rite would block the fuel from going nto the carb? anyone no the factory settings for the high / low speed screw and idle? thanks for the help!

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

it is new!

If the needles are screwed in too far, they could block the fuel. Look in the manual, it should have the settings.

Sounds like the carb needles are adjusted wrong. If the LSN is in too far and the idle screw is too low, or the HSN is in too far, it will stop fuel flow entirely. If completely tight, even air won't move through the line to let fuel in.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

If the needles are screwed in too far, they could block the fuel. Look in the manual, it should have the settings.

LOL, I got interrupted before I hit submit!

Settings aren't in manual atleast not in stepsons

I got this from another forum after a quick google search. I can't vouch for the accuracy but here it is...

HSN 3 turns out, LHS flush with the collar, and there should be a 2 mm gap in the carb.

Personally Id recommend returning it since its still new and going for a HPI Savage, TMAXX, REVO, or some other decent quality kit. IF you choose to keep it though I hope those settings are right and they help you.

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. I got the fuel to prime. I watched this video - [ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq0CEWQQ5BM"]How to set carburetor valves back to default settings - YouTube[/ame] I tuned mine the same as the last carb he does in the video and now I can prime without issue.