nitro prices

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardmikke6996

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so what do u all pay for your nitro?
I just switched to bryons 20 and cost me like 16 plus tax
see a gallon of trx 33 for like 60 bucks about craped my paints lol
so let hear it from ya all

I run 25% Byrons 11% oil content and it is $24.95 a gallon at my LHS. Traxxas fuel is about $40.00 a gallon and sucks! LOL. I use to run odonnells 25% and it was $30.00 a gallon.

Wow ..... if my LHS had a gallon for $16 I would try it. Or do you mean $16 for a quart?

I am paying $40+ for traxxas 20% gallon "other brands" not much cheaper. So I have stuck with the traxxas stuff.

ya just a quart sorry forgot to put that.

I pay about $40 for the crappy 25% local Korean brand and $65 for 30% Byrons...ouch!

The traxxas fuel at my lhs goes about 29 for 20% and maybe 32 for 33%. Most of the gallon fuels they carry(byrons, traxxas, odonnell and blue thunder) are usually under 30 bucks. On top of that they're the only lhs in my area and their prices are still reasonable.

I am running Sidewinder 20%nitro/16%oil and it costs $17 for a quart and $45 a gallon. My lhs stopped carrying the Traxxas fuels, but when he had it there, it was a bit more expensive.

---------- Post added at 7:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:09 AM ----------

Last purchase = $ 24.95 for 20% Losi Nitrotane.

How do you like the Nitrotane?? Is this fuel any good? There is another lhs that has this for a bit cheaper (i think) than my lhs.

In NJ quart of 20% O'donnell for 10.99 and gallon for 30, not too bad!

ya i know how many there are and it would come out to like 60 a gallon if i did quarts but it was the only thing at the hole in the wall hobby shop.
i dont know how many ppl are around spencer ia but theres this hobby shop thats only open for like 3 hours a week..
the guy that runs it is a old fart dont carry crap but plains and a off brand xtm rc cars.
i was in a need of a nitro fix so i had to dive in.
but whats odd is the stuff is made or bottled in ida grove ia witch is like 30 40 miles away.
you think it would be cheaper but gess not.
then i lookin for a good parking lot to run the 4tec and drive by the Kawasaki shop and to my surprise i see a rc dirt track and a sign that says races today so i go in and bam traxxas everywhere I'm like wow so lookin around and i see there 33% for 60 bucks ouch.
its about time spencer gets a semi good hobby shop its been a wile since spencer got one used to be big in rcs back in the 90s so ya long story short there cars reasonably priced.

oh and was talking to the owner about the new release traxxas has and he said the same thing i was that its going to be fifth scale and street price of a grand so well see tonight at midnight hu.

I run Wildcat Eliminator 20% nitro 14% oil. I like it because it has Klotz lubrication which I used to use when I rode dirtbikes. It also has rust inhibitors so I don't have to use after run oil. It runs around 27.00 bucks

Last edited:
I run trinity monster horsepower 20% with 12% oil I pay around $45 a gallon when I get it shipped or I buy odonnels 20% for like $30 or $35. I personly like the trinity the best so far out of the odonnels,wild cat, traxxas, and the trinity.... everything but the trinity is under $40 a gallon at my lhs, and they dont carry trintiy..... go figure!!!!

for my savage x 4.6 i use monster 20% and thats about 46 bucks.. the traxxas 20% is about 40 bucks...

I have a hard time sometimes finding the trinity for the price I said shipped thats shopping around.. I would like to find a place local that stocks it, a track a few towns over used to but I bought him out and he hasnt restocked yet at all cause he mostly races gas and electric, so he doesn't use much nitro any more which stinks!!!! I havent tried the platnum trinity yet but will let every one know what I think about it..

Dang, I don't know the brand I bought (cause I ran the can over...Yes when it was full). But I salvaged over 90% of it into a glass alc bottle that was very clean! Anyway It was 20% and about $22. Can was blue and recommended from my LHS as "Very good fuel." He said I didn't even need after run oil with it cause all the oil in it....

i use torco 20%, runs me about $25.00 a gallon

was it traxxas top fuel???? or what else is there blue thunder that is blue???

He said the can was blue,sounds like PowerMaster to me.

Torco is great fuel,$26.25 a gallon if you buy a case(4gal) shipped from their website.

Ant,my vehicles seem to do good with Nitrotane. The only thing I don't really like is that it is clear so it's hard to tell on drive-by if you're getting close to empty.

Back