Nitro leaks by the crank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basher_around_town

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Since it's beginning to warm, I thought to work on my T-Maxx after winter storage. from the times I did run it, I noticed fuel leaks where the cranks spin and make a mess in the shell, and really annoying, is this normal or something to be concerned about since I never encountered this? The engine is a TRX 3.3.

Since it's beginning to warm, I thought to work on my T-Maxx after winter storage. from the times I did run it, I noticed fuel leaks where the cranks spin and make a mess in the shell, and really annoying, is this normal or something to be concerned about since I never encountered this? The engine is a TRX 3.3.

Too much leakage is not good ,but just a little bit is common an not to worry about!
It leaking an saturating everything than the bearings or at least the front bearing needs
to be replaced!.. :thumbs-up:

Too much leakage is not good ,but just a little bit is common an not to worry about!
It leaking an saturating everything than the bearings or at least the front bearing needs
to be replaced!.. :thumbs-up:
I second this.
All my cars leak, and there is always a bit of oil which is flung to the sides, which I clean after each run.
I am talking about front bearing, if that's what you mean.
as @cbaker65 said, if you have a puddle of oil on the chassis then its a a problem.

In fact, after each run, on m TRX 3.3's I usually insert a small paper tissue in between the crank case and flywheel, in order to soak up any oil that might still be leaking a bit.

It's front bearing. It can cause inconsistent tune due to leak