Nitro ID & $?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striikar

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So a friend's adult son suddenly passed. He left a lot of rc vehicles and I'm trying to help him figure out what they are and if any have real value. I've asked around and the names are what I was told these are. If anyone has any insight and info,I'll gladly listen.
He is considering selling but doesn't want to ship. I mean I'm sure something could be worked out for the right price.
I was told 1 car here "Could" possibly be valuable. We're in NY.
I know nothing a about nitro so whatever info you have would be great. I'm wondering if maybe I should try nitro?.?

Attachments

• #4.0. Mt Savage .25.JPEG
    #4.0. Mt Savage .25.JPEG
    316.4 KB · Views: 72
  • #3.2 HPI Nitro R40.JPEG
    #3.2 HPI Nitro R40.JPEG
    337.6 KB · Views: 62
  • #3.1 HPI Nitro R40.JPEG
    #3.1 HPI Nitro R40.JPEG
    312.2 KB · Views: 60
  • #Group1.JPEG
    #Group1.JPEG
    391.1 KB · Views: 60
  • #1 - hpi hellfire.JPEG
    #1 - hpi hellfire.JPEG
    373 KB · Views: 57
  • #4.1 Mt Savage .25.JPEG
    #4.1 Mt Savage .25.JPEG
    339.2 KB · Views: 56
  • #4.2. Mt Savage .25.JPEG
    #4.2. Mt Savage .25.JPEG
    340.4 KB · Views: 62
  • #2 HPI Super Nitro RS4.JPEG
    #2 HPI Super Nitro RS4.JPEG
    338.5 KB · Views: 55
Without any knowledge of the workings of a nitro rig it's almost impossible to put a value on it. That would be based on what upgrades have been added and the condition of the engine itself. They are all worth something, but none of them would be considered "Valuable" since you never get back what you put in. Again, without personal knowledge of their current condition your selling points are very poor. Without the willingness to ship you've just eliminated over 99% of your market.

Thx Rolex,I know but pictz are all the info I have at hand.
I'm trying to gather info to give to the guy with the cars. A couple of people helped by giving a name to the cars,which is more then I had to go on. The cars are in excellent shape but as you said without more info it's tough. I'll see what other info I can get,if he even knows.
I knew it was going to be a challenge but I decided to give it a shot.

Well, hang in there and I'm sure you'll get them all ID'd. Again, unless you find someone locally who can start them, run them and determine what's been done or needs to be done, it's a tough call.

purple head engine Truck is Savage (S25 i think), gold head car is a HPI R40 (think O'hara edition but could be wrong), truggy (silver head engine) is a HPI Hellfire, Purple motor/purple chassis car is HPI Super Nitro RS4.
in USD, i would guesstimate the savage to be around 175-225$, Hellfire, maybe 200-350, (it looks new but given that we dont know, that engine could be almost gone, unless proof of otherwise), HPI Super Nitro RS4, somewhere between 150-250$ depending on engine condition etc.
the R40, that one is really hard to put a price tag on, they were available only for a short time, and were really expensive at the time. they are pretty rare so that is going to really hurt and help the cost all at once. rare means not many made, which means not many parts were made, so going to be really hard to fix if it breaks.
nitro is just really hard to gauge because with used, there is an unknown if an engine is going to be DOA, or gallons of life left.

Thank tremendously!. I'll get more info next time I speak but I think most of these were not used if at all. I think he collected them. From the pictz they are in mint condition.
I will find out what I can. I'll post when I do,thanks again.?

Thank tremendously!. I'll get more info next time I speak but I think most of these were not used if at all. I think he collected them. From the pictz they are in mint condition.
I will find out what I can. I'll post when I do,thanks again.?
they do look in great condition, the Super Nitro RS4 and the Savage do look more used than the rest, the R40 looks barely used (in one of my FB groups I'm in i have seen 2 going for around $350+ in similar condition and both do note that the price is on the low end but they just want them sold. they are still sitting for sale, but mostly because only those that want them really want them, most others see the price tag and overlook it.
on ebay a true brand new assembled one is around 630$ and a used one for almost 380$! if you are going to ask what they are worth do prepared to sit on it for awhile.
hellfire looks brand new.

Back