Nitro exhaust outlets orientation?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_205

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all. Apologies for the random post. As per the thread heading, my question is, is it critical that the pressure feed outlet has to be at the top of the chamber (or as near to) in order for it to be effective? Cheers in advance.

Hi all. Apologies for the random post. As per the thread heading, my question is, is it critical that the pressure feed outlet has to be at the top of the chamber (or as near to) in order for it to be effective? Cheers in advance.
in my experience no, you just dont want it to be on the bottom side. as any built up unburnt fuel and oil will start building into the line. on my MGT it is off the side.

Hi
in my experience no, you just dont want it to be on the bottom side. as any built up unburnt fuel and oil will start building into the line. on my MGT it is off the side.
Hi there. Yes my thoughts also, I just needed someone to clarify for me. I have a few silencers and all are near side. The only offside one I own is on the gtx2 already. The majority of offside silencers I see are for 1/10 scale cars. Albeit the savage .21 I think has an offside silencer. I could be wrong though.

Hi

Hi there. Yes my thoughts also, I just needed someone to clarify for me. I have a few silencers and all are near side. The only offside one I own is on the gtx2 already. The majority of offside silencers I see are for 1/10 scale cars. Albeit the savage .21 I think has an offside silencer. I could be wrong though.
are you meaning the exhaust outlet? or where the fuel pressure line comes in? it is best to have the exhaust outlet either out the side or down, this item you dont really want to be on top as you want the unspent fuel to escape easily, the fuel pressure line though, anywhere but on or near the bottom should be ok.
the physical exhaust on the savage would be off to the side.
for the most part though the pipe can be rotated to exhaust at the desired location.

Back