nitro engine won't work even when I tune it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonkun

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a kyosho dst which had been sitting in a garage for about a year and I changed the glowplug and fuel lines and set the needles to the factory setting and got tuning. my problem here is that it runs good on high rpm but on low rpm it doesn't want to stay idling or if it does the acceleration is very bad and I have done almost everything to make it work but it still doesn't want to work properly and it doesn't have even enough torque to move in the grass. so what should I do???

@jonkun first, welcome to RCNT and thanks for joining!

I would first start by taking your nitro engine back to factory default needle settings and start using from there. We have a great guide,
Nitro Tuning Tips and Tuning Flow Chart, that will certainly help in tuning your nitro engine correctly and will very likely resolve the issues you're having at the moment.

@jonkun first, welcome to RCNT and thanks for joining!

I would first start by taking your nitro engine back to factory default needle settings and start using from there. We have a great guide,
Nitro Tuning Tips and Tuning Flow Chart, that will certainly help in tuning your nitro engine correctly and will very likely resolve the issues you're having at the moment.
Well I did everything that was said there And it still doesn't run good

You need to do it with a warm engine. Don't just randomly twist the needles and expect instant performance. Make note of every change you make, and run it in a few circles so the engine can adjust to the new setting and change its temp accordingly. Make only very small adjustments or you will only go from bad one way to bad another.

Yes I have done exactly that and it still doesn't want to work. I have warmed the engine and done a few runs and changed the needles a bit but it doesn't seem to be working and the hsn needle just doesn't do crap when I tune it, it just tunes until it doesn't get enough fuel to run anymore and nothing changes. Not even a single thing. And same for the lsn. Like what the actual *swearword* is going on with the engine. I am losing hope...

Welcome to RCNT. Don’t give up. You’ll get it. I had a weird problem with my TMAXX a while back similar to yours. Turned out to be the lid on the fuel tank wasn’t sealing right. You need a good seal to pressurize the tank.

If it sat for a year, I'd take it completely apart, including the carb and clean everything with DA and q-tips. Could be you have some sludge from old fuel/oil residue blocking the fuel or needle seat causing it not to tune well. Also, seal it back up as mentioned here. Also, try filling the line to the carb with fuel and blowing it back in the tank to try and clear the stone filter in there. Would do that a few times to try and get any sludge out of it.

Old thread but turn your LSN c-clockwise a few hours at a time, it sounds like it's too lean to run at low speed/ idle

Back