Nitro Boat suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcars

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been looking around for a nitro boat for a few weeks now and I'm thinking about buying one, I've set aside about $350 dollars...... I've been to my lhs a few times and looked and I've been to their website, and other sites

does anyone have any suggestions for me? I sorta like that Miss Elam hydro boat, is it any good? How fast is each boat?

Oh btw.....which is better a hydro type or a deep v type hull?

Before picking a hull type look at the water youll be running on, if its smooth and glassy most of the time a hydro will be fine. But if the wind picks up or there is chop of any kind get a deep-V or Cat hull.

Oh and on a side note think about how you will get the boat back when it runs out of gas.

hydro's are nice, because you have the wow factor, and they are fast. however i prefer a v-hull or cat because i can run on pretty much any water i like, no need to wait for a day with no wind. i have a proboat shockwave 36. its pretty damn fast right out of the box, keeps up with hydro's in the same price range. i did see that proboat just came out with a 31" cat that has the same driveline as my v-hull, and I'm just waiting for the right opportuninty to pick up the hull and transfer my stuff over. both boats retail for 350 ready to run.

Back