Nitro 4 Tec destruction

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbones

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Good grief! My winter project was to rebuild a 4tec to new condition and yesterday I ran it into the front tire of my truck after it flipped over and was sliding on it's top while still doing around 40 mph. And it is ugly! I think it's probably the worst crash I've had yet. About the only good thing is that it still runs. It broke something on 3 of the wheels, blew the foam out of one of the tires, destroyed the throttle servo, smashed the air filter, bent the discharge of my brand new exhaust pipe, broke the rear shock tree, probably trashed the receiver and on/off switch, and I haven't found what else it probably did to the steering linkage and everything else. Lucky for me that I bought a parts car and have everything to fix it. I haven't yet figured out how to post pictures so here's a link to my Photo bucket album.

http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/dkeveridge/media/nitro 4tec crash/IMG_2714.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

Holy chet man looks like you hit the fist of Chuck Norris!! All I can say is enjoy that teardown, the N4T is such a tight compact joke to work on its rediculous!! Glad I sold my 3.3 money bullet in 2k12...

That's an expensive outing for sure. This is the reason why I run in an enclosed tennis court. Nothing to hit but tennis net posts and fences. Other than that it's pretty open.

Back