NiMH to LiPo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, what is your suggestion with this car?
Well, if you just want to get it ripping pavement, buy a NiMh 6 cell battery for it. But your battery leads are old bullet plugs and look pretty banged up. So first you need to solder a new connector on there. Something like an XT60. You will have to make sure the battery has the same plug, or buy an adapter to go from whatever your battery has to the new plug you install.

If you want to hop it up a bit you can go brushless with a new esc, motor, and lipo for arounf $150. This is what I would do. But I would probably get a little crazier than a budget build.

Oh, you would need a lipo charger as well.

My charger has a LiPo option and I can swing 150$ But I don't know what to buy, where to start.

So, what is your suggestion with this car?
Well, if you just want to get it ripping pavement, buy a NiMh 6 cell battery for it. But your battery leads are old bullet plugs and look pretty banged up. So first you need to solder a new connector on there. Something like an XT60. You will have to make sure the battery has the same plug, or buy an adapter to go from whatever your battery has to the new plug you install.

If you want to hop it up a bit you can go brushless with a new esc, motor, and lipo for arounf $150. This is what I would do. But I would probably get a little crazier
My charger has a LiPo option and I can swing 150$ But I don't know what to buy, where to start.
If you go back to post #3 of this thread I gave a suggestion for $150 setup. That will get you an intro into brushless setup and lipo batteries. And we are here to help ya through it all.

If you want to hop it up a bit you can go brushless with a new esc, motor, and lipo for arounf $150. This is what I would do. But I would probably get a little crazier

If you go back to post #3 of this thread I gave a suggestion for $150 setup. That will get you an intro into brushless setup and lipo batteries. And we are here to help ya through it all.
Lipo and brushless is where its at my RC brutha! Hop it up and Send it! Thats my motto 🤣

Back