Nice 2.4 radio for only 29.00

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hndaman1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A friend of mines dad has this in his losi strike and he loves it.. Nice radio .. and it is only 29.00:eek::eek:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-g2-24ghz-radio.html

yhst-62196343123315_2092_22300808

A 30-buck radio is still a 30-buck radio, no matter how you dress it out or pimp it up.

Well if its 2.4 fro $30 then right on, that will give people with a very low budget the ability to get rid of cheap am/fm's.

A 30-buck radio is still a 30-buck radio, no matter how you dress it out or pimp it up.

Just because it is not "NAME Branded " does not mean it is crap...so does that mean all the non-name branded lipos are junk also? :rolleyes::rolleyes: and BTW coke is better then PEPSI any day:p

Just because it is not "NAME Branded " does not mean it is crap...so does that mean all the non-name branded lipos are junk also? :rolleyes::rolleyes: and BTW coke is better then PEPSI any day:p

Do you really think, that other than it having 2.4gHz, that the rest of the radio (steering mechanism, etc.) is worth a hoot????
Or that this CHEAP radio is going to be any better than any of the other earlier RTR radios on the market???

I mean I see all you guys buying into the whole 2.4gHz myth - but other than ease of use due to lack of frequency conflicts, you're creating a myth by suggesting that somehow having that basic technology makes it a better radio.... and you're just fooling yourself. :rolleyes:

I was talking with a contact at one of the major manufacturers a while back, and they were telling me that the 2.4gHz guts are actually cheaper for them to purchase than a regular channeled AM/FM set-up -- but that the rest of the radio STILL is low quality.... so that in the greater scheme of things you're getting less radio (economically) with an RTR than in the past.

have a coke and a smile :)

Do you really think, that other than it having 2.4gHz, that the rest of the radio (steering mechanism, etc.) is worth a hoot????
Or that this CHEAP radio is going to be any better than any of the other earlier RTR radios on the market???

I mean I see all you guys buying into the whole 2.4gHz myth - but other than ease of use due to lack of frequency conflicts, you're creating a myth by suggesting that somehow having that basic technology makes it a better radio.... and you're just fooling yourself. :rolleyes:

I was talking with a contact at one of the major manufacturers a while back, and they were telling me that the 2.4gHz guts are actually cheaper for them to purchase than a regular channeled AM/FM set-up -- but that the rest of the radio STILL is low quality.... so that in the greater scheme of things you're getting less radio (economically) with an RTR than in the past.

have a coke and a smile :)

Please tell us you contact..so we all can call him and get this same info..

well I have 2 of these systems on the way . I will let you know how they work:thumbup1:;).. 1 for a RC 10 gold pan car and another for a sc10...:):)

If I dont end up picking up a 4x4 slash with 2.4 for my dad, I'll more than likely get one of these for him for his 2wd.

Coke and Pepsi are unhealthy:p, Phosphoric acid... mmm..., HFCS.. mmm... caffeine.. mmm.... Just being difficult;) (BUT coke and pepsi do contain those ingredients...)

As for the radio, I was about to get one (from HK), but I decided that if I was going to get a 2.4 radio I should get a 3 channel, and I haven't seen any cheapo 3ch ones, so I am going to get a DX3.0 unless somone knows where to get a cheap 3ch.

Coke and Pepsi are unhealthy:p, Phosphoric acid... mmm..., HFCS.. mmm... caffeine.. mmm.... Just being difficult;) (BUT coke and pepsi do contain those ingredients...)

As for the radio, I was about to get one (from HK), but I decided that if I was going to get a 2.4 radio I should get a 3 channel, and I haven't seen any cheapo 3ch ones, so I am going to get a DX3.0 unless somone knows where to get a cheap 3ch.

They should be coming out with one soon from the same company @ Hobbypartz..

for $99 what is wrong with the new spectrum DX3E. It is 2.4g has 3 channels works with all the spectrum gear. sounds like a no brainer to me. But..... If some one has different ideas please save me some money and talk me out of it.haha

Bad thing about the 3e in my opinion is that for a $100 it doesn't have a bunch of different model memorys, you can find dx3's on the bay for $100 and beable to use them on all your rigs. Thats the only thing that would keep me from buying a 3e though.

I have seen them way cheaper, like 50~75. The reason I don't like the DX3e, si that it doesn't have model memory. Also, I think it's ugly and a bit over priced.

I did think about the model memory. It is a good point. I have different radio systems for each of my RC's. with two kids and a wife we need to be able to run everything at the same time. as far as over priced, to get a second reciever for my 2.4gz futaba will cost me almost as much as the 3E. I thank you for the replies. How about the Airtronics at $79?

The ad never said that you get a receiver for that price it only reads that you get a transmitter and a charger. The picture in the link shows a receiver.

Jerry...

Lol I'll let you guys buy one, give it some wheeltime, then maybe I'll get one

I wouldn't depend on a radio for $29..I guess it could work though, and definitely get us a review from your friend so we can see how it is.. thanks

I'd like to know who the manufacturer of this radio really is as this same radio has been released as a new Venom 2.4Ghz radio as well.

I was just thinking the same thing Woodie...Obviously very cheap to produce these.

Back