Newbie to RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley104

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently building and 3d printing myself a 1/10 Landy 4x4 pickup. The build calls for a DC motor, brushed 540/27T, no less than 27T. My question is that I've been reading that everything is heading towards brushless. Can I switch to brushless and what would one can I use? If I am missing needed info its because I didn't know to include it. Sorry about that.

you can use a brushless... will need a brushless esc and a battery to power it..also a pinion gear ..you can use any higher turn brushless motor a 540 size will work.. esc, come in 3 different setup. censored ,censor less. both.. have to know that b4 buying esc... and censored is alot smoother no cog as we call it ..a 17.5 turn used to be equivalent to a 27 turn... that will make whatever you put it in be a little faster rc not a giant amount of torque but ok ,,might want to go with more turns. not sure how durable a 3D printed rc will be herd many stories non good(very fragile and break often)

you can use a brushless... will need a brushless esc and a battery to power it..also a pinion gear ..you can use any higher turn brushless motor a 540 size will work.. esc, come in 3 different setup. censored ,censor less. both.. have to know that b4 buying esc... and censored is alot smoother no cog as we call it ..a 17.5 turn used to be equivalent to a 27 turn... that will make whatever you put it in be a little faster rc not a giant amount of torque but ok ,,might want to go with more turns. not sure how durable a 3D printed rc will be herd many stories non good(very fragile and break often)
A lot of the 3d Printed stuff that I've seen for the offroad trucks use a metal frame, such as that from an Axial SCX-10.

Back