newbie suspension adjustment?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbieace

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
do you guys recommend any suspension adjustments for a newbie on a stock t-maxx. I mostly do just bashing, but I am on and off road intermittently. I was just looking through the instructions, and they go into a lot of detail about the possible adjustments. Any thoughts?

My suggestion is just play around with different settings untill you have a good understanding of what adjustements will do to the truck. run it one way for a half hour then change the shock settups and run it for a half hour. just keep playin with it. Rather than just driving around aimlessly try to drive a particular pattern around your yard to see how the changes effect the way the truck drives. once you reallyunderstand what changes do what you're confidence will be heightened and general bashing becomes more fun. at least I think so. I could go on and on about how to tune your suspension but at the end I won't be telling you anything that's not in the user manual. just play around and have fun!

I would suggest going with 50wt shock oil and some stiffer springs like trinitys firm which are blue or extra firm which are black alot of people run 4 aftermarket springs in the outer corners so all u need to get is 4 springs.