Newbie Needs Help On Thread Site

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, Just need alittle help on this site. I'm new to it haven't used this type before. Are they like emails. Do you get a quick respone to your question. I see some guys talking back at each other. I had a head trauma few years back so I'm forget full at times so please be patient with the asking the same question twice at times. I think this site is great and all those on here so far are awsome. This is something new for me and everyone has been great so far with welcoming here. So I appologize for the dumb questions at times.:help:

No problem, man. We'll help ya out! Maybe I missed it, but do you have a question or is this just a general statement?

Hey Monkey Wrench, Yea,I need help in learning how to use this forum as far as responding back to other people about there questions. Is this kinda like slow email, Will it take awhile for guys to respond. I guess what I'm asking is when I want to responed back to someone about a question that they just ask or get into a conversation that's going on do I hit "New reply" or hit "Quote" or hit the down arrow. And do I stay right where I'm at for a responce or go somewhere else. Will they answer right back or will there be like a sound that comes up when they respond. Kinda dumb question but If I don't ask I won't know right!

Last edited:
Welcome to RCNT...
If you want to respond to a particular question or statement that a member has posted, you can use the quote button to reply. This will post the "question/statement" in a bubble above your response.
If you just want to add your opinion to a thread, you can just use the "Post Reply" or "Post Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the thread.
After you push the "Post Reply" button, your post is immediately visible to everyone looking at the thread. If there are others looking at the thread, they can reply pretty quickly, or not at all.. Depends if they have an answer, or just something to add to the thread. Posting unrelated, or just plain useless info, is called SPAM. You dont want to do this.. lol The members will surely let you know if this happens.
Just do some reading, and you'll get the hang of how this forum works. Hope to see ya round, and if you have any questions, feel free
to PM (Private Message) a moderator to help you out.

You can also take a look at this thread below, to help you learn some of the slang used on this site.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34042&highlight=abbreviations

Good luck, and enjoy all that RCNT has to offer...

Last edited:
New Reply is what I use for general responding. The quote function is something I use when I want to ask or comment on a spaciffic question or reply by someone else.

Hope it helps
Ray

Thanks alot guys. That really helps. Now I think I can get somewhere. As usual I get a great responce.

Yeah, what they said, especially that Imbroken dude with the blue title bar. He's a smart fellar!