Newbie need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zulu504

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I’m new to this life. I bought a Losi 22s rtr. Does the transmitter make a difference in 132 drag racing and if so, what should I upgrade to?

I’m new to this life. I bought a Losi 22s rtr. Does the transmitter make a difference in 132 drag racing and if so, what should I upgrade to?
Which radio did it come with? If it is the Spektrum SLT3 or DX2E Active, they dont seem to be too bad. I dont drag race though, so that might make a difference.

The SLT3 came with it.
A lot of guys run either the Radiolink RC6GS, the Futaba 3PV, and other mid to high end radios in that range, A couple here run FlySky Noble 4's, but, honestly, i have no clue why. I dont do any kind of racing, and i dont run higher end stuff, so, i dont see the point to spending that much on a radio. Most of my racing experience anymore is from when i happen to be at a shop that is having a race that day.

A lot of guys run either the Radiolink RC6GS, the Futaba 3PV, and other mid to high end radios in that range, A couple here run FlySky Noble 4's, but, honestly, i have no clue why. I dont do any kind of racing, and i dont run higher end stuff, so, i dont see the point to spending that much on a radio. Most of my racing experience anymore is from when i happen to be at a shop that is having a race that day.
Thanks

Anything Futaba or Sanwa is going to be your higher end stuff. I have the SLT3, and it's not a bad radio. But it doesn't have many features. It might be nice to have a radio where you can adjust your throttle curve to help with the launch, if that is even allowed. Other than that, the higher end radios will have better range (though a lot of cheaper radios have good range as well), amoung a host of other features like telemetry, traction control, gyros, etc.

the radio that came with that rtr will be fine all your gonna need to do is work on your reaction time.

Back