Can I use a 3S LiPo on a WLToys A959-B RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meshman

RCTalk Rookie
Active Military
Reaction score
I just received my WLToys A959-B 1:18 Scale RC. I'll be test driving it this evening after work. If anyone else has this model please let me know if you've done any upgrades? I've ordered 1:10 scale tires plus the replacement hex's but I'm still awaiting them in the mail. I watched a A959-B RC owner who replaced the 7.4V battery with a 3S Lipo, does anyone know if I replaced the battery with a 3S will it burn out the 540 brushed motor faster? Any feedback and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

20191029_150029.jpg

I just received my WLToys A959-B 1:18 Scale RC. I'll be test driving it this evening after work. If anyone else has this model please let me know if you've done any upgrades? I've ordered 1:10 scale tires plus the replacement hex's but I'm still awaiting them in the mail. I watched a A959-B RC owner who replaced the 7.4V battery with a 3S Lipo, does anyone know if I replaced the battery with a 3S will it burn out the 540 brushed motor faster? Any feedback and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I would recommend picking up an IR temp gun and checking that motor often if you are running on 3s. My Son's 540 motor gets hot very quickly on 3s so I keep him on 2s all the time now. The extra speed and power is fun on 3s ;)

+1 on the temp gun, I've melted a few brushed motors running on 7 cell NIMH, let alone Lipo.

Back