Newbie and a flooded motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightningsti

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello everyone

I am a newbie and so far the help from your guys has been great. So far just been driving the truck around the house. Today I desided to take the truck to a huge parking lot. With out thinking I put the truck in the tunk and went to the parking lot. When i got there I noticed the truck had been rolling around in the tunk and there was gas coming from the exhaust pipe. So I believe the motor is flooded, because I tied to started and it would not turn over. My question is what is the best way to remove the excess gas? Thanks guys

Remove the glow plug, and turn the motor over untill all the gas spits out.

The way that I found works best is to remove the glow plug and try to crank the engine (either with your EZStart or pull start), stand up the truck or set on its side so the extra fuel comes out easier. Hope this is of some help to you.

First I allways try to tip the truck up on it side so the exhaust port is facing towards the ground and if I don't get a good amount of drips coming from the exhaust port I will take the GP out.

Worked like a charm thanks guys.

Back