Newb here....what is a stadium truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubster

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I see alot of talk about the Jato, so I guess that gives me alittle idea of what one is, but what exactly is a stadium truck?

a stadium trucks is a mostly 2wd sometimes 4wd truck. thats lower to the ground thats built to handle better then the larger monster trucks and used to sometimes race. this is how i see a stadium truck. i can't really explain it.:ponder2:

Everyone seam to know what a monster truck is.
- Usually 4wd, but with only 2 diffs (no center diff)
- Such as the savage of the T/E-maxx

A Stadum Truck (ST) as i see it bascialy a MT but lower, again, if its 4wd, there only one diff.
- Cars such as the Hpi MT2, and the RC10GT

Then theres Truggys, and buggys (maintly talking 8th scale now)

Buggys look very diffrent (diffrent shell) and have narrower, rounded tyres, and they have THREE diffs Front/Center/Rear.
- Such as a hyper7 or somthing.

And a truggy is a cross between a truck and a buggy, they have truck like tyres, and a highter groundclearence then a buggy, but they retain the center diff.

Daniel

Sounds reasonable. So if I lowered my T-Maxx and put smaller wheels/tires, would it be more akin to a stadium truck? Not going to do it, just wondering. I guess not really because of the two diffs. Thanks for the explaination.

Stadium trucks are mainly 1/10th scale, use 2.2" tires, and have small block engines in them.

Most stadium trucks are 2wd. there are a few exeptions, but that is the norm.
rc10gt
DSC00817.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

evader
9a8ccc63.gif

2d8830df.gif

compared to say a true MT

sasvage
DSC00554.gif

DSC00709.jpg

you could lower your maxx, make it 2wd, and put small tires on it but it still wouldnt be a stadium truck

my definition of an st is a 2wd super light overpowered race truck.

hope my info helps

Yeah, it helps. I am liking your rc10gt. I am now throwing around the idea of getting maybe a Rustler if I can find one cheap enough. Throw in my Sirio 18 and it should run pretty good.

bustedgears said:
Stadium trucks are mainly 1/10th scale, use 2.2" tires, and have small block engines in them.

Liar, i have a big block in mine... :loser:

21-Finally%20the%20torq%20had%20to%20go%2C%20replace%20by%20a%20brand%20new%20OS%20CV-RX%20.15.JPG
30-eye%20candy%20anyone%20(4).JPG

Here two pics of my MaxST (RWD 10th Staduim Truck)
- The only 4wd 10th Staduim truck i can think of is the MT2

Nice. The more I think about it, the more I want one of these things. I can feel my wallet getting lighter as I type. lol

Out of all those, I'd say it's a tossup between a Rustler and an RC10GT. I've got a GT with an OS TZ.12 in it, and I can tell you, with that engine, it wheelies at half throttle (course, that is a $230 engine). It'll wheelie with an OS CV-R.18 ($100 on tower) in it no problem.

Parts are easy to get for either truck. You can get an RC10GT RTR for relatively cheap. Like, $275 brand new, at the most (haven't checked prices in a while). I'm sure RushRC could cut you a sweet deal on a GT or a Rustler.

I think if i was buying anoter 10th ST starter car it would be the RC10GT.
- Otherwise i'd get a MT2, but only if you faily confident at working it, as being 4wd there more to go wrong.

Daniel

Back