New Traxxas Slayer 4X4 Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrenchHead

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
slayer_pro03.jpg

Ok check this bad boy from Traxxas out! I haven’t seen this info posted anywhere yet, so thought I’d better share it quick. This is the new Traxxas Slayer Pro 4×4! It’s bigger, and faster than the original Traxxas Slayer! It uses the TRX 3.3 engine with new GTR anodized shocks and BF Goodrich or Kumho tires to reach 50+ mph!
It comes with the TQ 2.4GHz Radio system with Traxxas Link and high-torque waterproof servos.
The chassis is 30mm longer, and the a-arms were extended to widen the truck 26mm! It comes completely RTR!

Ya, I saw it posted on another forum...............pretty cool lookin' truck!

That cool. I'm glad they did some improvements rather than just packaging it with their new 2.4G TQ radio like they did with a lot of their other vehicles. The original slayer used the Revo 2.5 chassis. Sounds like this one may user the longer 3.3 chassis and Revo A-arms? If this helps it's handling like it sounds like it will, I might have to get one. I've been wanting a nitro short course truck and was leaning towards the Associated SC8, but now....

A-main has it available for pre-order. Looks to be around $50 more than the previous slayer.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...raxxas-Slayer-Pro-4WD-Short-Course-Race-Truck

# New 30mm longer chassis from the 8-time National Champion Revo 3.3
# New Extended suspension arms increase width by 26mm
# New Suspension Tuning for stable, planted feel
# New Hard-anodized, Teflon®-coated GTR shocks with titanium-nitride shafts
# New High-torque, waterproof steering and throttle servos
# New Officially-licensed BFGoodrich® and Kumho tires
# New Aggressive, authentic Pro 4X4 body design
# New TQ™ 2.4GHz High Output radio system with Traxxas Link
# New Running Accessories including EZ-Start® battery, charger, and fuel bottle

That cool. I'm glad they did some improvements rather than just packaging it with their new 2.4G TQ radio like they did with a lot of their other vehicles. The original slayer used the Revo 2.5 chassis. Sounds like this one may user the longer 3.3 chassis and Revo A-arms? If this helps it's handling like it sounds like it will, I might have to get one. I've been wanting a nitro short course truck and was leaning towards the Associated SC8, but now....

A-main has it available for pre-order. Looks to be around $50 more than the previous slayer.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...raxxas-Slayer-Pro-4WD-Short-Course-Race-Truck

# New 30mm longer chassis from the 8-time National Champion Revo 3.3
# New Extended suspension arms increase width by 26mm
# New Suspension Tuning for stable, planted feel
# New Hard-anodized, Teflon®-coated GTR shocks with titanium-nitride shafts
# New High-torque, waterproof steering and throttle servos
# New Officially-licensed BFGoodrich® and Kumho tires
# New Aggressive, authentic Pro 4X4 body design
# New TQ™ 2.4GHz High Output radio system with Traxxas Link
# New Running Accessories including EZ-Start® battery, charger, and fuel bottle

damn tower has them for only $389.00:thumbup1::thumbup1: plus the coupon code
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVHU9**&P=ML

[SIZE=-1]$229.00 or more[/SIZE]$35.00011A5
so it is a better deal @ tower if you ask me:first_place::first_place:

The arms are new pieces for the Slayer Pro 4X4, they're not shared with other Traxxas vehicles. And you are correct, the chassis is from the Revo 3.3...that's where the extra 30mm of wheelbase comes from.

The full Slayer Pro 4X4 presentation is up at www.traxxas.com, check it out!

Hmmm. Wheelbase is real close to an ERevo.

I may have to look into converting my ERevo to an electric Slayer Pro.

Slayer Pro 4X4 arms on an E-Revo chassis will give you a wheelbase that's 10mm longer than the Slayer Pro 4X4's. If you mount the body so it splits the difference (each wheel pushed 5mm farther toward the edge of the wheel well), it will probably still look OK. I'm sure we'll see a few builds!

Slayer Pro 4X4 arms might also be a cool way to pull in the wheels on a Summit for a more scale look...

Splitting the difference would be my plan as well as some strategic trimming of the wheel wells. I look forward to giving it a shot to see how it works.

Welcome to the site BTW. Nice to have input from somebody who actually works at Traxxas.

i want one so bad but no where to race by me

Back