New Transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGDM

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Looking for a new transmitter. I'm converting 4 of my nitros to electric and only want 1 controller instead of 4 different ones. Was gonna go the Spektrum route, motors, esc, receivers, battery and the DX5 Pro transmitter. I also want to get into racing once this whole pandemic is over. Futaba T4PM was another choice but figured if I went all Spektrum I can have the telemetry since it will all sync together. Sanwa is the last choice but the receivers are very expensive. I don't mind spending the extra money but is it worth it? What are your guys thoughts? Anyone own the DX5 Pro or Futaba T4PM?

can you use telemetry in racing? can the other thing certain radios do in racing. my rx and radio can't have any of those if I'm racing .no gyros no telemetry. just got a flysky nb4 with 6rx for under 325$ to me thats not bad

I guess I didn't know u couldn't have telemetry in racing. A total noob towards the racing scene. Been bashing, racing and in the rc world for 25+ yrs otherwise.

I haven't looked at Flysky much. What I've been reading is spektrum, futaba and sanwa are the top Dawgs. I know its all personal preference though. Guess I should go to a hobby shop and see what feels good in my hand to start.

Fastest radio is the DumboRC X6.

rip can I see the specs on this so called fastest radio??. I doubt it is as fast as the nb4...Id beat money on that...doubt its even as fast and my radioposts. a 35$ radio being fast sorry lol.never

I've never heard of DumboRC before.

Looking for a new transmitter. I'm converting 4 of my nitros to electric and only want 1 controller instead of 4 different ones. Was gonna go the Spektrum route, motors, esc, receivers, battery and the DX5 Pro transmitter. I also want to get into racing once this whole pandemic is over. Futaba T4PM was another choice but figured if I went all Spektrum I can have the telemetry since it will all sync together. Sanwa is the last choice but the receivers are very expensive. I don't mind spending the extra money but is it worth it? What are your guys thoughts? Anyone own the DX5 Pro or Futaba T4PM?
I have the dx-5 pro and loved it. I wouldn't worry about rules and regulations in racing as to what radio you buy. You can always turn off those options and not use them during the race. but that also gives you the option to have them when you're not racing and when you plan to do other things like running boats

I'm my life in rc I have used 100's of radio .some supposed top line and other new guy trying to break in..some just outstanding euros 10 w/2.4modle..other spectrum (to me the worst radio anythang can buy. loose bind loose signal wont turn on many many others...I try and run a radio that can make my mind think I'm driving that rc(only 1 so far)radiopost v1 and v2..M series of radios to top heavy for me.

rip can I see the specs on this so called fastest radio??. I doubt it is as fast as the nb4...Id beat money on that...doubt its even as fast and my radioposts. a 35$ radio being fast sorry lol.never
Try out the DumboRC X6 for yourself and you will be amazed. Yes it is faster. Than the NB4, but the NB4 is fancier, nicer, and more high quality. The Dumbo is pretty basic, but it is much faster and it has six channels instead of four. The NB4 is also $140 more.

I've never heard of DumboRC before.
They're a Chinese company that makes awesome, cheap radios. You can get them on Amazon.https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protections-Controller/dp/B07Q112TQF

both radio have the same latency of 3 ms.(id like to see this in either a computer readout or a head to head test). the cheap chinese radio is exactly that cheap,, and fhss is not a fail proof protocol where afhds is...it all depend what you want out of a radio .I want quality in my hand not just cheapness...buyer can make a decision good luck.

Yeah, i would rather stay with 1 of the big name brands.

I use Spektrum DX5C and used SR215 receivers in my bashers and SR515 in my crawlers. I use this radio with all of my rigs.

I have had issue with the old Spektrum receivers. Once I changed those out, I haven't had an issue. I have two of them. I did just get a RadioPost that I can't wait to try out. However, in the end, it's how much you are willing to spend. Spektrum is nice because of the price. Sanwa/Airtronics might be one of the better "new" units out, but they are very expensive. Besides never hearing about DumboRc until today, it doesn't look like you can run multiple cars from one unit.

I like the Spektrum because its so easy to bind.

I use a spektrum dx5c with all my trucks. I have older SR210 receivers in some, just got a SR215 as a backup and some knock off orange DSM2 receivers in a couple. The knock offs tend to die after 6 months or so which causes limited range. Even with the SR210, my range isn't great, 250 yards or so, which is enough for what I do.

I don't use the telemetry at all. Just more stuff to irritate me. Electric trucks seem to have so many wires and stuff on it, more would just bug me. Although, would be nice to see motor temp/esc temp on the radio...

From what I've read, spektrum has come around in the past few years.

My local HobbyTown USA did tell me when I was looking at the DX5 Pro that the Spektrum sales guy told him they have new transmitters coming out soon. If he didn't say that I would probably have bought the DX5 Pro right then. Or the Futaba T4PM. Those were the 2 I had sitting on the counter. They didn't have any Sanwa transmitters there at that time.

Back