New transmitter/receiver 2.4ghz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backtothefuture

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have recently got a few of my old RC's working. I am getting back up to speed on the tech.

I am still operating with a few 27mhz receivers with multiple sets of crystals. I see everything nowadays has gone to 2.4ghz- I see there is less interference, greater range, sharper response.

I was thinking of upgrading my Stampede and Mini-T to new receivers but I wondered if people had fav recommendations if on a budget?

I've seen the flysky gt3b put around.

I traditionally used a two stick controller back in the day. but I see most of these have the wheel for steering. Are these generally accepted to be better or is it still a personal preference thing?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations/answers.

Generally, the stick radios are for flying planes and helis. The wheel radios are for ground vehicles.
Flysky is probably the best low budget radio out there.

Flysky is good. Whichever kind you get make sure it comes with a binding plug so you can use it for multiple vehicles if you want.

Take a look at flysky radios and also if you want a decent radio which is what I have that is very basic is the futaba 3pv can't go wrong for a $115 radio

Hey guys, thank you all so much! Sorry for the late reply. Appreciate the help. I have some further research to do :)

Yeah I am so used to the old stick controls and had them down to a pretty fine art back in the day, but I could see the wheels being good. I liked the precision feeling I used to get off the sticks.

Ericehess thanks for that point too- would definitely like to do that.

I'm tempted to get back into racing.

This pandemic has me spending way too much time looking at what I can purchase next ? brushless next ?

Hey guys, thank you all so much! Sorry for the late reply. Appreciate the help. I have some further research to do :)

Yeah I am so used to the old stick controls and had them down to a pretty fine art back in the day, but I could see the wheels being good. I liked the precision feeling I used to get off the sticks.

Ericehess thanks for that point too- would definitely like to do that.

I'm tempted to get back into racing.

This pandemic has me spending way too much time looking at what I can purchase next ? brushless next ?
Yeah I know how that is..I can't make it a day without ordering some new part I dont strictly need and can't really afford. Dont like the waiting for parts but something comes every other day..its like Christmas..dont know what it will be! Good luck

Haha glad to hear its not just me. I am leaning towards the GT3C just with some of the comments I have seen and the lipo battery. Then buy a couple receivers for my 3 cars. (currently 3...?)

Haha glad to hear its not just me. I am leaning towards the GT3C just with some of the comments I have seen and the lipo battery. Then buy a couple receivers for my 3 cars. (currently 3...?)
Yeah looks like a good option. Haven't used Lipos before? Get a decent balance charger that has a display and adjustable charge/discharge rate. Need to be able to discharge to storage voltage if you arent using them for a couple days or more. Dont wanna leave them fully charged or discharged for long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/iMAX-B6-Pr...NiMh-Balance-Charger-LCD-Screen-/324163714981

I've been very happy with this one. I think this link doesn't include the ac adaptor. If you have used lipos sorry for the unnecessary info.

Hey No need to apologise at all!

I don't actually run lipos atm- I think my comment was unclear though, I meant the GT3C receiver runs on a lipo so I think less money on AA's and longer life haha.

Having said that I have been looking at lipos. Only thing is I think I'd like to change to brushless first. From what I have read I also think Nimhs still just suit me better for easy of use and storage. For now at least.

I find it amazing how cheap you can get good chargers!

Do the lipos give longer run times? I don't necessarily feel like I need more power ( lying...) but would love longer run times and lower temps lol

Hey No need to apologise at all!

I don't actually run lipos atm- I think my comment was unclear though, I meant the GT3C receiver runs on a lipo so I think less money on AA's and longer life haha.

Having said that I have been looking at lipos. Only thing is I think I'd like to change to brushless first. From what I have read I also think Nimhs still just suit me better for easy of use and storage. For now at least.

I find it amazing how cheap you can get good chargers!

Do the lipos give longer run times? I don't necessarily feel like I need more power ( lying...) but would love longer run times and lower temps lol
I find it amazing how cheap you can get anything these days..if you are willing to wait longer and sacrifice a little quality. Lipos dont last longer than similar capacity nimh batteries by an electronic standpoint but they are a little lighter in general than similar capacity nimh so yes they can give you slightly higher run times. However it depends on what you set your low voltage sensor at..you dont wanna run lipos down too low(shortens life). It's kind of a wash..you definetly get more power though.

Yeah I'm defo gonna go with the Flysky GT3. Thanks for the info on the lipo run times. I think the Nimhs will do for me in the near future in that case! I don't even think I have a low voltage sensor (that I know of) to set!

My plan is:

1. 2.4ghz Transmitter + 2x receivers - GT3C
2. Brushless system for my Stampede- no clue what one yet.
3. Brushless sytem for my old losi mini t- also no clue what one yet
4. Keep an eye out for the new mini t 2.0being back in stock and currently pretend I am not going to buy one, because I don't 'need' it.

Yeah I'm defo gonna go with the Flysky GT3. Thanks for the info on the lipo run times. I think the Nimhs will do for me in the near future in that case! I don't even think I have a low voltage sensor (that I know of) to set!

My plan is:

1. 2.4ghz Transmitter + 2x receivers - GT3C
2. Brushless system for my Stampede- no clue what one yet.
3. Brushless sytem for my old losi mini t- also no clue what one yet
4. Keep an eye out for the new mini t 2.0being back in stock and currently pretend I am not going to buy one, because I don't 'need' it.
Multiple colours of the GT3 on this site, black one linked below.
www.noahsrcark.co.uk/products/cb9d4c2bda/131444000000036493

Back