New to RC and need help identifying Traxxas moddl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Therealjfk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! I need help identifying this model of trazzas and what if anything I’m missing, except the actual body of the car lol. From what I can tell it’s 2wd and from bumper to bumper 21.5” long. There is a sticker that says a1154689 on it. I googled it but nothing turned up. This was my older brothers and has been sitting in my parents garages until I recently cleaned it all out. It looks like a pretty sweet rc car. Is it worth buying the body? Am I missing anything? What model even is it? Thank you all so much!!
6BF5EA33-AD91-44C9-B64C-ABD729C94577.jpeg
0CFC08C0-45A8-42B3-853C-730F202E7752.jpeg
2C864B90-6529-4D35-A67F-6B8D3404E088.jpeg

Thank you! Is there a difference between this and a slider/roller xl5 slash? Or is it the same thing?

It means the same thing. It just means that there rare no electronics included. My son has the same truck. It's really fun. The only problem is, the motor gets really hot, so I would recommend stepping down a tooth on the pinion. What's really nice, that speed control will accept Lipo or NiMH batteries. Just make sure you program it for the right battery. Also, Associated and Kyosho share the same rims as the truck you have. It is a really fun truck. Only had to replace the motor. It also has a slipper clutch and a ball diff.

Id do some major to some very minor to others mods.the motor does get hot then the motor screws come lose and eat up spurs..switched to the rpm 1 and found rear hubs would break under what I called normal bashing. also rpm..I ran the same 1 with tons of hopups for 5 years on indoor carpet off-road..there was 1 tire we could not run think it was the 1 with S-1 on them..also shock shafts like to bend ..shock caps pop.

It means the same thing. It just means that there rare no electronics included. My son has the same truck. It's really fun. The only problem is, the motor gets really hot, so I would recommend stepping down a tooth on the pinion. What's really nice, that speed control will accept Lipo or NiMH batteries. Just make sure you program it for the right battery. Also, Associated and Kyosho share the same rims as the truck you have. It is a really fun truck. Only had to replace the motor. It also has a slipper clutch and a ball diff.
The Slash has a gear diff. The diff has grease in it.

Your missing the battery hold down/ tray clip servo wires look cut so you are gonna need a servo(personal experience buy a 30ish dollar servo) body and body clips also a battery, tires look almost new

I would have to open it up. I would rather be called a liar than take the time. I'll be over it as soon as I hit send. ?

If I do get a "burning to get to that," I'll take a look. Again, I'm not positive it was a ball diff, but I believe it was. We got it used, so it could have been installed by the last owner.

ball diff was never stock on a slash..I raced many slash's thru the years ..gear diff was stock ball diff was a mod ...slash has had many different tires from the S-1(banded by many carpet tracks)

Back