New to Nitro & need info on oil filter can you use two stroke to saturate the foam filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo747

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for having me a Great forum
I’m new to nitro rc! I’ve had electric years ago. So I’ve decided to purchase a nitro truggy I’m still running in at the moment and it will only tick over when filter is off???
Plus can you guys help because I’ve got bikes can I use two Stroke oil to saturate the foam on the nitro filter foam?? Just to make sure I thought I’d ask you experienced guys out there. I’ll be looking forward to any help comments thanks guys much appreciated regards Stevo…🤟🏻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

I'm sure that would work, though filter oil is more like 90 wt.

You want to use a oil that is really sticky, and filter oil is just that so it will grab the dirt.

Your saying it only runs when filter is off. You set the idle gap per spec? About 1mm or 1.5mm. Break in settings are usually rich. It is wise to have an inferred heat gun to monitor temperature. The key to a long lasting motor is this process. My 2 cents worth. As for oil you can use KnN filter oil but like some have said the blue oil is sticky. Usually Nitro is used to clean an old filter before applying the blue oil.

Back