New to hobby...wanting a buggy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asian Fury

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello, I'm pretty new to the r/c hobby but have always wanted to get into it. right now i have about $250 saved up for a buggy and wanted to know which buggy i should get? i'm still saving and have been told that i could get a decent buggy for about 450-500, is this right, what else would i need?

Asian - Welcome to RCNT!!!!

Just curious about a couple of things. your price range is fairly accurate, but i have a couple of questions before making any recommendations.

How old are you? Do u have an previous RC experience? If so, do you have any nitro experience, or just electric? If you are younger, do u have someone else who is familiar with nitro rc cars?

Spend 8 bucks and have a chance to when a buggy if you don't like it well you only spent 8 bucks. If you win that is.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Nitroaddict I'm 16years old and new to the r/c hobby overall, I've seen electric and gas both at my hobby shop but never owned either of them. I've been told by many id be much more happier with gas that is why I'm going with a nitro buggy first.

thanks for the link msly, there was some pretty good info in that thread. I've even taken mayhems advice and bought 6 rcnt lottery tickets i may even buy more later this week after i get paid. heck even if i spend 100 on tickets thats still a lot cheaper then buying the kit out right and increase my chances that much more!

haha, if you do end up getting a buggy, id go with the storm. I've had mine a couple months and the only thing I've broken is two screws. This is through 4 races and numerous bash sessions with friends. It will hold up to almost anything you can do to it. plus you get an awesome radio. i got mine for 450, which is a hundred bucks cheaper then usual. save the extra money and get the storm, it is well worth it.
Andrew

Pssst.. hey buddy.... Storm, get the Storm

Guess who won the Storm for this lottery (Asian Fury)
How many tickets did you buy? Woodie implied that the winner bought a ton.

Looks like you got a great buggy for the amount you wanted to spend! Have fun and make sure you let us know how you like it.

hahaha, if only i was smart enuff to enter a contest for a buggy instead of blowing 500 on one. Let us know how that thing is.
Andrew

Back