New to Electric RC. GF drove my WLTOYS 144001 into a deep puddle!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatguywhojuggles

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my first electric RC car, a WLTOYS 144001. My GF ran it into a deep puddle. I quickly pulled it out of the water (half way submerged) removed the battery and set it aside.

What's the likelihood it will survive? Anything I should do other than let it dry for a couple of days before I put the battery back in?

Thanks!

unlikely it will survive as in electronics are probably shorted .or will be when you turn power back on it...might want to try some good ole WD 40,,put a fan on it on high power also might be able to get some water out

Welcome in. Some manufacturers say there rigs are waterproof but in reality, no they are not. Metal still rust regardless. I agree with @tntpoof dry it out as much as you can along with wiping everything down and WD 40.

LOL rice in a open sided motor and a cheaply made esc .Minute rice..lol no we are cooking oh its smoky

Good news. I let it dry for a day, then popped the battery in. and it seems to run perfectly fine. I will hit it with some WD40. Thank you everyone!

Back