new to electric need some help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mn Monster

RCNT Nitro Sniffer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i'm a nitro guy who just got a 1/10th high roller, with a novak brushless system, the motor went bad, and i'm looking for a new brushless sensored motor for this rig. can someone explain to me what the different kv ratings are and what they mean? the novak motor that was in this rig was a 4300 kv motor. also what are the different turn ratings and what do they mean. i see some are 9t, others are 8.5t or 10.5t,17.5t,... ect. the esc i'm using is a novak super sport, and i need to know what motors will and will not work with this esc? any help appreciated !

Here is a link to info on your ESC
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/ssplus/ssplus_esc.htm

what you have would be basically the same as a person running a stock brushed motor.

As for kv it refers to how many rpm the motor turns, and how much torque the motor will have.
A 4300 kv motor will turn 4300 rpm @ 1 volt. or 31820 rpm running a 7.4 volt 2 cell lipo battery. Also a low kv motor will have more torque and less rpm then a high kv motor and code versa. Hope this helps make since of things for ya.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...mIH4Bw&usg=AFQjCNHiInbCVsuyifVD-oOdffZ9Y86h4w

Sent from my Samsung Admire

i'm a nitro guy who just got a 1/10th high roller, with a novak brushless system, the motor went bad, and i'm looking for a new brushless sensored motor for this rig. can someone explain to me what the different kv ratings are and what they mean? the novak motor that was in this rig was a 4300 kv motor. also what are the different turn ratings and what do they mean. i see some are 9t, others are 8.5t or 10.5t,17.5t,... ect. the esc i'm using is a novak super sport, and i need to know what motors will and will not work with this esc? any help appreciated !

Man Wolf, your eyesights going huh?:\ Haha, I was thinking that the ones he linked to were too high a KV but someone with you electric experience will be better suited to answer him.

should i be looking at 4300kv or lower?

The G force 6.5 you had in your previous post should work fine for that setup. It didnt look like it came with a sensor wire so you may have to pick 1 of those up as well.

i have found 2 different G force motors one is (5150KV-6.5T) under the specs it says: (Suitable ESC 120A), the other is a 3200KV-10.5T) and under specs it says (Suitable ESC 60A) ? will either work with the novak ss esc? and whats the difference? as they are the same price????

thanks than i should be all set!

Sorry guys, I've been sick so I havent been on lately. Either my eye sight is going or I was high one of the two lol....I would go for a motor in the 3200-4000kv range. My personal favorite would be a Castle 1410 3800kv 4 pole. You can get these off of ebay usually for I wanna say something like 50-70 bucks? I dont remember exatly but I believe its in that range. If your Novak is 160A than you should be able to run any 1/10 scale motor you want.