New tires/wheels for the slash! (After 6 years of running the stock tires/wheels)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Just got my 2.8 tires for the slash. The Duratrax lockup mt's. I only have the rears now because the front tires I ordered, I didn't read the description and apparently the front tires I ordered was for the nitro cars. So I had to return them and I am going to order another pair of rears. I tried to trim the body up a little with regular scissors and that didn't turn out great. And I am planning to get a new body. For the proline body mounts I ordered them, I wont be getting them till Christmas. For the body I'm either going to get a traxxas pre-painted or I am going to get a proline clear body. Also I am going to get a pair of body scissors. With the rustler, I still didn't find the issue with the screw pins. I think it is the aluminum steering/caster blocks. Also I am planning to get a new body for the rustler as well. For the rustler body I'm planning to get the jconcepts 2012 silverado 1500 body. For the slash - Since I am planning to keep the HCG chassis I am going to get RPM HCG skid plates. Also the tires were rubbing the rear shock so I change the shock position more to the inside. For the rustler - I'm getting a new servo cause the stock rustler servo (which is the 2056 servo) is slow. I'm getting something with metal gears and waterproof.

PXL_20211201_002002058.MP.jpg
PXL_20211201_002047227.MP.jpg

Looking good. I like how the rims resemble fullsize aftermarket aluminum wheels. I can't believe the tires lasted that long. My .15 nitro could last 2 years, maybe 3. My xl5 could do it in a year or so.

For trimming the body, I use a razor blade, a hobby knife would be better. Lightly score it a few times and then bend it, the plastic will have a clean cut and be in two pieces.

Not trying to deter you from the body, but proline has a silverado body but as a pick up and not stadium or shortcourse style. I actually just ordered a 2017 raptor, and plan on the silverado in april maybe.

https://www.prolineracing.com/search?q=Silverado+slash&lang=default

Looking good. I like how the rims resemble fullsize aftermarket aluminum wheels. I can't believe the tires lasted that long. My .15 nitro could last 2 years, maybe 3. My xl5 could do it in a year or so.

For trimming the body, I use a razor blade, a hobby knife would be better. Lightly score it a few times and then bend it, the plastic will have a clean cut and be in two pieces.

Not trying to deter you from the body, but proline has a silverado body but as a pick up and not stadium or shortcourse style. I actually just ordered a 2017 raptor, and plan on the silverado in april maybe.

https://www.prolineracing.com/search?q=Silverado+slash&lang=default
For the stock tires I was on my 3rd set of stock wheels/tires. For the body I'm going with the 19 Silverado pick up. The one I have on right now my uncle painted and it is a jconcepts 2012 short course. I'm going to see if he can paint my new body when I get it. My uncle used to do rcs. He has a x-ray xb4 and a losi short course. He used to race at the track at my LHS which was a carpet track. I still have my set of carpet tires. Since I am converting my slash into a monster slash, I might use them on the rustler. I have to find out if they do a stadium truck class for races.
For the stock tires I was on my 3rd set of stock wheels/tires. For the body I'm going with the 19 Silverado pick up. The one I have on right now my uncle painted and it is a jconcepts 2012 short course. I'm going to see if he can paint my new body when I get it. My uncle used to do rcs. He has a x-ray xb4 and a losi short course. He used to race at the track at my LHS which was a carpet track. I still have my set of carpet tires. Since I am converting my slash into a monster slash, I might use them on the rustler. I have to find out if they do a stadium truck class for races.
And both of my uncle's rcs we're kits. Now he got out of rcs and on to bigger stuff. His toy car is a 95 civic.

And both of my uncle's rcs we're kits. Now he got out of rcs and on to bigger stuff. His toy car is a 95 civic.
That car can fit in my engine bay or bed on my work trucks. 😁 i used to want a 99 or 01.

Paintimg isnt hard, there are many good videos, just wear a respirator. Not a mask, but a respirator with air filters to trap particles and also ventilation. 🖒

Here is my uncle's 95 civic. He wrapped it. The original color is black and he named it Vader. His daily is his 06 GMC Sierra. He named is stormtrooper cause he had stormtrooper decals.
Screenshot_20211204-140012.png
Screenshot_20211204-140024.png

Screenshot_20211204-140430.png
Screenshot_20211204-140401.png
Screenshot_20211204-140418.png

Back