New spectrum smart tech 3s battery ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiddy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
First time owning an electric car with LiPo! So I got a 3s spectrum smart tech battery, I’m charging it on a iMax balance charger! The battery is 5000mah, I can only charge at a 1 v rate, if I set is any higher is says error!! Why is this? I had it on charge for 120mins twice, and i think it still needs more!! Which brings me to my second question, on this battery what should each cell read, at the moment they all read 4.20, how high should they me?
thanks for the help!!

its imax ac right?.. they dont like powering a battery with greater voltage than supplied voltage from internal ac/dc adapter or if you have a 12v power supply.. put 15v dc into it and i think your talking about amperage not v as you said

its imax ac right?.. they dont like powering a battery with greater voltage than supplied voltage from internal ac/dc adapter or if you have a 12v power supply.. put 15v dc into it and i think your talking about amperage not v as you said
Yeah it’s an imax ac, can I hook that up to a 12v car battery for power? When you say put 15v into it, what does that mean? And yes I could have mixed up the amps and v, I’m very new to this! Thanks for the help.

you can unplug ac and yes a 14.4 volt car battery will power it just fine.heck I've used bump boxs when in a jam.. the 15 volt is correct you can put up to what it tells you its maximum input voltage is..thru dc in..

you can unplug ac and yes a 14.4 volt car battery will power it just fine.heck I've used bump boxs when in a jam.. the 15 volt is correct you can put up to what it tells you its maximum input voltage is..thru dc in..
Great thank you, last question, what should each cell read when fully charged?

ok also remember thats a either a 50 watt or 60 watt charger so max amperage will be limited to watts its suppling .Ohms law.. good to know..

4.2 if possible but that seldom happen..unless its a lihv charger and battery