New RX/TX recommendations…

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck_32

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Been out of the game for about 5 years now. Am building a little basher. I called my local hobby shop for a cheap but good rx for my Airtronics MT-4.

They told me that’s old tech and they have new style RX/TX and the RX they sell aren’t backwards comparable with the MT-4 architecture.

They told me they have a MT-4 equivalent combo (I forgot to ask what brand) RX/TX for $99 with telemetry with the new style. Which would be nice being airtronic RX is around $80 still.

So just so I can have some comparable. What are some good RX/TX set ups that are good with some features but won’t break the bank. Closer to $100 the better. But I’d also like telemetry if possible.

Also if anyone can explain the new technology and architecture and why newer stuff doesn’t work with the MT4 freq

If you would like to keep the TX, you can most likely get a new RX. Read this article to get all of the specs and find what RXs are compatible with your TX.

For $40, you simply cannot beat a Flysky GT3B. The Rx's for them are dirt cheap as well, like 5 for $35. It has a 10 model memory, but can be modded with firmware that adds a lot more, and a lot more features to it.

If tou want a 6 channel, the GT5 would be my choice. I use one for my crawlers. It has 4 wheel steering capability also, and is a great radio for cheap. Rx's are a tad pricier for it though, but still not too bad.

And welcome to the forum, in case I missed your intro thread 😉

I like my GT5s. Used Radiolink before that, and although the programming/mix options were great, never really liked the ergonomics, or the ugly bulky design.

Another big vote for Flysky! I still use my first one from 10 years ago.

Basically, the new technology did away with crystals in the receiver and transmitter. You just have to bind a receiver to the transmitter. Once, bond you should be able to use this around other rc people without any signal interferences.

Another big vote for Flysky! I still use my first one from 10 years ago.

Basically, the new technology did away with crystals in the receiver and transmitter. You just have to bind a receiver to the transmitter. Once, bond you should be able to use this around other rc people without any signal interferences.
I watched an RC airplane demolition derby that had like 100 airplanes flying around running into each other. That would have been hard to do with the old technology I think.

I just got a Radiolink RC6GS V2, no idea how it’ll be longterm, but I will find out!

I watched an RC airplane demolition derby that had like 100 airplanes flying around running into each other. That would have been hard to do with the old technology I think.
Airplane demolition derby? Well, that can't last very long! There's no such thing as a mid-air fender bender 🙈

Airplane demolition derby? Well, that can't last very long! There's no such thing as a mid-air fender bender 🙈
I seen a few dog fights. Where I am, it is usually 10 or 15 foam planes duking it out. I've seen it go over 5 minutes.

My flyskys replaced my futabas. Gt5 w/rx for $80 is a hell of a deal. Then $21-23 a pop for extra rx’s. Never used the 3 so I can’t comment on that one.

I seen a few dog fights. Where I am, it is usually 10 or 15 foam planes duking it out. I've seen it go over 5 minutes.
Ariel dog fights and demolition derby are 2 very different things, no?

Well....that was cool!
There are other vids of that competition on that channel. I have watched a few of them. It looks like it would be a lot of fun for those of us that can't fly 😜

Back