New Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroman113

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well like the title says, I finally am getting an actual Revo and not the e-revo 1/16th I have now. I finally put money down on it at my local hobby shop. Has to come directly from traxxas as the hobby shops suppliers didn't have any in stock. Can't wait till I get this thing and get it going. Slowly been getting tools and such but it's always a battle. Will post pictures and such when I get it. I can't wait till I get to see it though. Been way to long since I have had a nitro.

I have 3 more 75 dollar payments and one 39 dollar payment and it's mine. Thank God, I can't wait to get it fired up

I finally got enough to buy it, I now officially own a revo 3.3 finally. After so many years of drooling over it I finally have one. Only downfall is the link won't pair with my android phone through the link app

Congratulations. Don't forget to take pics and post it. Try checking the internet regarding discussions on the Traxxas Link issues. You may be able to find a solution. You're probably not the first person to have issues with it.

I will definitely take some pictures lol, nd I thought I would see what they said online about it

Congrats on your new Revo! I could never get my TMaxx to link up with my phone either. My son took a look at it but he couldn't figure it out, and he's good with Smart Phones and computers. Hopefully somebody will come up with the answer. Should be interesting.

What do you have planned for your Revo? By the way did you get the new Race Revo which is similar to the Platinum Edition they released a few years ago?

I'm hoping so, I will try my iPhone as soon as I get it charged and hooked up to a wifi so I can download the app. Nd I got the 5309-3 if I remember correctly. Nd I'm just gonna bash it and drive it around once I get it broke in probably this weekend.

I would read up on the nitro articles here on this forum. This will help you a lot in breaking it in and getting it tuned properly. Before running your Revo I recommend going through everything. Make sure all screws are tight and all screws going into metal have Loctite. I personally get a whole new stainless steel screw set(I use RC Srewz)and replace all factory screws with them. I tear apart the whole truck. Pack the diffs with diff lube, lube the transmission, check the oil in the shocks(I usually replace the shock fluids with a higher one since I generally like a stiffer suspension)and if there are any parts I want to upgrade first I would do it. Normally I start with the servo, skidplates and RPM arms. You don't have to go to this extent but I do recommend checking at least for any leaks from your diffs and shocks. Make sure all rotating parts are rotating freely and nothing is binding and go through everything that has a screw, nut or anything that is critical. You don't want anything breaking while you're breaking in the motor.

I would go thru the metal hardware to metal parts with loctite as well being sure to use the BLUE (ONLY) rating. The other loctite compounds are too strong and will be a problem to loosen in the future. As far as the other upgrades, I leave to your discretion. I have a Revo that has been well used. I have only had to replace a single stock a arm so far. As much as I love RPM, I just haven't had the reason to have gone that route yet! (although when I bought the kit originally, I bought a set of stock replacement arms as that was all the LHS had in stock. Otherwise, I would be running at least the fronts) Whatever you choose to do, I am 100% sure you'll be loving this rig!!! Good luck with it!!! Post pics etc!!!:thumbs-up:

Back